Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utility: aversion ward - Experiment IV by Kate Bush
Utility: aversion ward - Experiment IV by Kate Bush

link
Note that the 12" version is both longer and I feel superior overall

Now, there's the obvious option here - a sound that can kill someone just by hearing it, in line, cone, or spherical AoE format, but that's boring when Doug has any number of attack soungs already. I instead think it's more interesting to lean into the secret project theme and explicit "we were working secretly" and "and the public are going to stay off" lines that begin and end it to have the song set up an area effect somewhere between an HP muggle-repelling charm and the Fidelius, if probably requiring some physical foci to set an area and prep work to properly place them before using the song to power it up if you want a longer lived effect than just the song duration. Of course, this one is old enough and was popular enough from what I recall that Doug may well already have something for it, but I know I always like seeing or thinking up these oddball, often situational, tangentially related effects for songs, so it's worth sharing even if so I think.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: Utility: aversion ward - Experiment IV by Kate Bush
Oooh, I just had the perfect line to explain why the effect is so inobvious - "The real sound that can kill someone from a distance is planning they can't find out about. A new form of attack can win a battle, but information is what wins wars."
--
‎noli esse culus