Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AO3 under DDoS Attack
AO3 under DDoS Attack
As of 8am EDT today:

According to AO3's tumblr page:

Quote:A group presenting themselves as a collective of religiously and politically motivated hackers has claimed responsibility for the DDoS attack. This group has attacked other sites before, including those of government organizations and large corporations. However, cybersecurity experts do not believe the group is honest about their motivation, so we urge caution in believing any reasoning this group provides for targeting AO3.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: AO3 under DDoS Attack
Looks like it ended or they solved it by noon today, as you can reach content now.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: AO3 under DDoS Attack
I got a "checking your connection" Cloudflare page for a few seconds today when going to AO3, so it looks like they solved the DDoS problem the way most people do, by letting Cloudflare proxy for them.