Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVIII
(01-05-2024, 04:09 PM)Labster Wrote: Meanwhile I'm drumming up votes for global stewards. We only have one right now, surely you trust at least one of these folks enough to allow them to admin our wikis. We need at least 20 votes for elections to be valid here; people love democracy but can't be bothered to vote.

1108-Kiju had "at least 20 user's comments and a support ratio of at least 80%" already, but I supported the nomination anyway -- we need somebody who's also fluent in a language other than English on the Stewards team. I also voted for Agent Isai (now needs four more comments; even if they're all negative, IA will meet the 80% support threshold), NotAracham (now needs seven more comments, at least three of which are votes to support), and Reception123 (now needs five more comments, at least one of which is a vote to support).

Not saying anything at this time with regard to Tali64³'s or Original Authority's nominations. (Oh, and if Original Authority can't get 80% support because of lack of experience, there's no way that I could. Folks here know who I am, but folks in the greater Miraheze community don't. And I don't have time this calendar year to build up my name awareness.)

(01-05-2024, 04:35 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: What does being a steward entail? Is there a page listing the duties and powers thereof?

Quoting from Meta:Stewards:
Quote:Stewards are users with the permission and authority to use any part of the MediaWiki interface on any wiki. Stewards work with communities to address issues facing them locally such as disputes, abusive or disruptive behaviour as well as global issues such as disruptive behaviour across multiple wikis. This includes global and local right assignment, use of routine administrator permissions (delete, blocking, etc.) on local wikis and in a global sense (locking accounts, renaming them, etc.), CheckUser and Suppressor permissions, and more.

From past experience, I know that they do not have global Bureaucrat or Moderator rights; the ATT admins are still the final authority as to what is and isn't allowed on ATT as long as we don't break the Miraheze TOS.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVIII - by robkelk - 01-05-2024, 06:28 PM