Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada accuses India of extralegal killing
Canada accuses India of extralegal killing
CBC: Trudeau accuses India's government of involvement in killing of Canadian Sikh leader

TL;DR: The murdered man was a Canadian citizen, who was saying things that the Indian government did not like. Yesterday, the Prime Minister announced in Parliament that he had been informed of "credible allegations" that the Indian government was connected to the murder.

If true, then it makes me wonder when - not if - they'll do the same thing in other countries.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Canada accuses India of extralegal killing
Looking to become the next China in more than just "makers of cheap junk to the world" sense it seems.
--
‎noli esse culus
Yeah, that's a fast way to international pariah status if they decide there are other inconvenient "terrorists" that need silencing.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
As a rough guess, the accusation had better damn well be true from a Canadian perspective, because their actions don't make sense if it's not true. Why would Trudeau make himself look like a fool after a summit where he was pals with Modi, and now this happens? There's no real reason to cause this if there isn't intelligence that likely can't be revealed which implicates the Indian government. As a state, you can't not react to things like this if you know it to be true, else you begin to become a failed state.

As a American, I have to apologize for this, because of our actions lately set the stage for this, both in our own extrajudicial killing of Osama bin Ladin (which set back public health efforts so far back that there's no moral justification for it even in the most utilitarian perspective), or in our truly lackluster response to the killing of Jamal Kashogi. Or the UK's response to the poisonings of Alexander Litvinenko and Sergei and Yulia Skripal, which were pretty tame.

I know there are always monetary concerns in geopolitics, but if expelling one diplomat is Canada's idea of a punishment, that's basically the same as inviting Indian spies to keep killing Canadians. The Indian government is already getting Facebook to censor "pro-terrorist" posts in Canada by Canadians upset about the attack. Is Canada still a sovereign nation or not?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
CSIS (kind-of-sort-of our equivalent of the NSA, but not really) had published a guide for individual Canadians: Foreign Interference and You. There's nothing on the document that says it can't be read by foreigners.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Well, Canada, little buddy, America’s got you covered. We’ve arrested a guy who paid an undercover officer to assassinate American Sikhs and surprise surprise he works for the Indian, er Bharati government.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(11-29-2023, 05:39 PM)Labster Wrote: Well, Canada, little buddy, America’s got you covered. We’ve arrested a guy who paid an undercover officer to assassinate American Sikhs and surprise surprise he works for the Indian, er Bharati government.

Guess what's leading the national news up here? Yeah, this.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown