Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(retcon an action) I Left My License In the Future by Thundermother
(retcon an action) I Left My License In the Future by Thundermother

non-embedded

(lyrics listed in the video comments)

Power: Doug can retroactively have done something within the last 24 hours that lasts up to the song's duration (3:33 without the intro screen on the video if I timed it right) that wouldn't have required using a song or combat actions, playing the song for as long as it would have taken. Basically the way players can retroactively do something to prepare for snags encountered while playing ... dammit, I can't remember the name of the RPG; the one designed for doing heist movie plots, basically.

Maybe just set the restriction to no songs? But Doug can do a hell of a lot with his bare hands in three and a half minutes even without songs - the idea is to prevent something like "I took a couple minutes to slip into the guard shack and knock them all out," while still allowing for "I went through that knocked out guard's pockets carefully and took the innocuously disguised RFID key to open this door," having stepped into a convenience store along the way and bought something, having stuck a tracking device on the target's car in case everything went wahoonie-shaped and they got away, or having paid special attention to some tricky security feature while doing the prep work.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: (retcon an action) I Left My License In the Future by Thundermother
Ah, and to clarify, it can't be used to not-do something, as far as Doug's personal timeline is concerned everything else he did in the last day just had a few idle seconds snipped off here and there to fit in the extra.
--
‎noli esse culus