Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEw Gamebook Release
NEw Gamebook Release
Guardians of Order - www.guardiansorder.com/ - has the Evangelion license.
Ultimate Fan Guide format, which means an ep-by-ep synopsis, and then BESM gamestats.
I don't know if this is good or not. x.xBrazil has decided you're cute.
Re: NEw Gamebook Release
I have no idea.
With the Authorityand Stormwatch liscences, GoO is in the forefront on picking up the mainstream DC liscence.
Evangelion meets the Superbuddies. ^_^
I've been following GoO since the begining and have all the Tri-Stat books.
Mixing Heaven & Earth, Demon City Shinjuku, and Evangelion you could probable easily do Children of an Elder God.
It's a fan guide with episode sypnosis and stats for main characters and equipment. No plot hooks. GoO makes the assumption that the people who buy the books will figure their own way on how to use the stats.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Teehee
Or (if you add something appropriate for Wild Martial Arts) Sic Semper Morituri...
Imagine 'Children of an Elder God' set in 1947 Occupied Japan. With occasional interference from the Ah Megami-Sama folk, and a borrowed-from-a-nearby-fanfic Ranma and Nabiki...
Things get rather interestingly messy.
Re: Teehee
At the risk of sending this thread wildly off-course, I've been following Sic Semper Morituri avidly since it first came out. Highly recommended. Children of an Elder God I found less compelling, but it's still a good work.
Meanwhile, back on the topic front, it looks like my "gamebooks wanted" list is starting to hit the size of my "anime wanted" list... this is another one I'd like to get, although it's pretty unlikely that Doug is going to get into combat with anyone human, and I doubt they have the Angels specced out...

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Quote:
With the Authorityand Stormwatch liscences, GoO is in the forefront on picking up the mainstream DC liscence.
All things considered, I think I'd put the Authority up against an Evangelion unit.
If worse came to worse, they could use the Gamorra Maneuver.
(in Authority #1, you find out that they're now based on a dimension-sailing ship about 30 miles by 50 miles that is 'anchored' near Earth - as in it's linked to earth's timeframe and movement, and is accessable from it. In #4, The Midnighter asks it to move, takes it into the same dimension Earth is on, and hits an island protected by a major force-field with it to destroy the core of a terrorist organization. These are not people that do things by halves by any means. They make the Warriors as we see them discussed in DWII look like the Care Bears.)Brazil has decided you're cute.
Quote:
They make the Warriors as we see them discussed in DWII look like the Care Bears.)
Yow.

-- Bob
---------
Nah, you could do the Angels and Evas in TriStat - just give 'em a few levels of Is A Big Biomech, Ranged Defense (Personal) (AT Field) and whichever attack form best matches what they can do.
- CD, Quack! Pit pat waddle pat pit pat paddle pat...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
For an example of how giant robots like the Evangelion units and Angels could be stated take a look at the Dual sourcebook that BESM put out. I did some write ups myself using 1st Ed rules from the Dominion Tank Police game and that worked out - it's mostly a matter of a funky forcefield, appropriate superstrength and HUGE size plus the 1 point version of restricted path.
Most of the Angels would be similar - the Sea of Dirac is basically an Extra-Dimensional Pocket etc.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Quote:
Yow.
I think (or at least hope) that Doug wouldn't like the Authority much.
Basically, after a series of really bad thingshappen, they've decided that they can only handle their job by becoming the biggest, meanest badasses around. The rest of the world, naturally, responded by becoming even more mean and vulgar than it was before, which required the Authority to get meaner to keep up, etc. This is especially bad as one of the Authority's members has a direct connection to Earth's "soul", as it were, and thus affects the nature of reality both overtly and subconsciously.
Yes, it gets really messy after a while, but then the world of The Authority is messed up beyond words and they usually and up not having any choice but to be completely ruthless to prevent something even worse from happening.
Re: Re: NEw Gamebook Release
Like I said before, yow.
That's the only thing I can think to say.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Re: NEw Gamebook Release
Quote:
Yes, it gets really messy after a while, but then the world of The Authority is messed up beyond words and they usually and up not having any choice but to be completely ruthless to prevent something even worse from happening.
Ayup. But "not having any choice about" something doesn't make someone likable--or right.
To veer back towards the subcategory topic, do you think Gendo Ikari wouldn't say that he had no choice but to do the awful things he did in order to protect humanity/humanity's evolution? The fact that he happened to enjoy some of it was just compensation. Heck, I'll bet Keele and his cronies would claim they had no (better) choice but to do what they did too.
Re: No choice
Sounds like an excuse every tyrant and dictator had been claiming for millenia

they had no choice.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: No Choice
Shortly after The Authority began, the authors of the Superman books did an absolutely vicious satire of it--a high-powered, totally amoral superteam arose in the DC universe using Authority tactics to do "good," and Superman took them down hard.
His refutation of their leader's arguments was some of the best writing there's been on the Superbooks in years.
If I could remember which issues of which S-book it was in, I'd recommend it strongly to anyone who thinks the Authority might ever have the right idea--even in their universe.
--Sam
(Of course, I'm angry at the Authority for other reasons--they stole Engineer's name, so now I'll have to come up with something else if I ever manage to bring him to publication.)
Re: No Choice
I'd be interested in that storyline, if/when you can remember the issue references, Sam.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Meanwhile, back on the topic front, it looks like my "gamebooks wanted" list is starting to hit the size of my "anime wanted" list... this is another one I'd like to get, although it's pretty unlikely that Doug is going to get into combat with anyone human, and I doubt they have the Angels specced out...
What makes you say that?
True, they are powerful. However, GoO did stat out Ifuritia, Ryoko, Alcurad(Helsing), the Paralel Dual mecha, Vash the Stampede, and Lina Inverse
The only thing that probably won't be statted out is Lillith-Rei from the movie.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor