Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homecoming is Official
Homecoming is Official
The Homecoming servers for CoH have acquired a limited license to host and develop the game from NCsoft.  An FAQ and what details they can release are on their announcement forums here:
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/top...ouncement/

One tidbit of note: the development of the Homecoming launcher was spurred by this agreement. As such, support for Tequila and other third party launchers will be discontinued, although I saw no mention of a time frame on that.
RE: Homecoming is Official
Wow. That's some amazingly good news!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
on this topic
Not bad, but he's either unaware of or ignoring the actual history, with the secret server and all. He also got just about every date wrong.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
One thing I do wonder, is how much involvement NCSoft has, outside of the licensing. I mentioned this to a friend who was a diehard CoX player back in the day (and was the one to get me interested...about a month or so before the shutdown. Undecided) and their response was 'Do you really trust NCSoft?'. Granted, they also own ArenaNet, the Guild Wars folks, and have been pretty hands-off there, so I really don't know.