Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(keep 1hp) I Need a Healer by Kruithne ft Shrm & Letomi
(keep 1hp) I Need a Healer by Kruithne ft Shrm & Letomi

non-embedded

effect: Doug can continue functioning at his peak despite any physical damage ... for as long as the song lasts. Then he'd better have reached someone who can at least do some first aid, 'cause the song only lets him hold out until the end of its runtime. Still useful if its five minutes to midnight when his power resets if he's already used all his healing songs that day, has some kind of no-magical-healing debuff, or similar (admittedly quite situational) circumstance.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: (keep 1hp) I Need a Healer by Kruithne ft Shrm & Letomi
(01-28-2024, 05:30 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: ... Still useful if its five minutes to midnight when his power resets ...

Is that how it works? I thought Doug couldn't use a particular song again for 24 hours after playing it.

If everything resets at midnight, you run into the issues discussed in Gremlins 2. Whose midnight?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Pretty sure that was in one of the story chapters, and I would expect it to be the local physical midnight for wherever he's standing, at least in a reasonably normal environment. How that interacts with being in space or somewhere with a very different day length (the poles near solstice, other planets with longer or shorter days, etc.) is a question only Bob and/or the V&V GM can answer.
--
‎noli esse culus
(01-28-2024, 10:31 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 05:30 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: ... Still useful if its five minutes to midnight when his power resets ...

Is that how it works? I thought Doug couldn't use a particular song again for 24 hours after playing it.

If everything resets at midnight, you run into the issues discussed in Gremlins 2. Whose midnight?

Word of Bob notwithstanding, the 24hr downtime duration would make more sense from a general standpoint, really, rather than resetting at an arbitrary local time...not to mention being able to cheat *badly* by using a method to transit across time zones, to where 'midnight' is much sooner. :-) Now 'midnight' being a shorthand for tracking that 24hr period, I could maybe see.
Bob says it's midnight. I had reason to send him a PM.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
insert "It's magic, I don't gotta explain shit" meme here, I guess Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus