Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I haven't been on a forum in, like, a decade
I haven't been on a forum in, like, a decade
Hi there! my name is RadiantGV. I have been playing video games for thirty years, and writing fanfiction for over half that time. I'm a transgender woman, I prefer she/they pronouns, and I was introduced to this forum via the Tropes page for "My Apartment Manager is Not An Isekai Character", which I'm rapidly growing in love with on AO3.
RE: I haven't been on a forum in, like, a decade
Welcome, RadiantGV! If you're in love with it on AO3, you'll be absolutely head-over-heels smitten when you get to the Stories subforum for it here. (Just as a hint, if you want to be sure you're reading the stories in chronological order, click the "Thread" link at the top of the list of threads to sort them. We post stuff from all over the project timeline -- well, right now the first part of the timeline, at least.)

And thank you for the kudos you gave over on AO3, as well.

Anyway, here at the DW Forums we have two overriding rules that I expect everyone to follow: 1) Play nice, and 2) Have fun. Hopefully this won't be too hard! <grin>

Once more, welcome!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Hi there RadiantGV, and welcome to the forum. We're all mad here, but it's the fun kind Wink
--
‎noli esse culus
Hello, RadiantGV, and welcome!

If there's anything about "My Apartment Manager is Not An Isekai Character" that you don't like, feel free to tell us. I for one appreciate (and often need) the criticism.

Trivia for the day: you're the 200th member on this forum.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Quote:Trivia for the day: you're the 200th member on this forum.

And it only took 22 years! Now for the next hundred users!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(02-15-2024, 01:52 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:

And it only took 22 years!  Now for the next hundred users!

22 Years?

God damn you're making me feel old.
Heh. The median age of the forum membership is pretty high. I started this place way back in 2002, on a service that was then called ezBoard, and a goodly number of the active members first joined way back then, or in the first few years after. We've been moved from host to host over the years as companies bought out other companies and were in turn themselves bought out, until I moved the forums to my website in 2017 -- and I'd say that at least 50% of my users, if not much more, followed me here. If you check out the little grey text in the upper right of every post, it'll show you when that poster first registered, all the way back to the ezBoard incarnation. More often than not I think you'll find a date ten or more years in the past.
-- Bob

I think I remember ezBoard. I might be thinking of proboards though.
The neat thing about forums is that you can actually feel like you're in a community, where you see the same people over and over again, and actually become friends. The web got too big this September.

Anyway, I'm the other core writer of ManaChara who hasn't checked in yet, so I'll wave hi. I think I'm nearly the youngest person on these forums, but I'm the oldest person on the WikiTide board of directors, so I guess that makes me middle-aged? Yeah, that's just math. Anyway, it's nice to have a fan!

(02-15-2024, 01:52 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:

And it only took 22 years!  Now for the next hundred users!

I'm sure you'll get around to replacing that "temporary logo" before the 300th user, right? Right, Anakin?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I am, and have been, feeling a distinct lack of inspiration for a better design.
-- Bob

(02-16-2024, 05:38 AM)Labster Wrote: I think I'm nearly the youngest person on these forums

No, Valles is only... um... no, wait. Keep forgetting that it was over twenty years ago that Valles was about 20. So yeah, maybe you're right.

Not like I keep track of these things, nor does the board software. Birth day, yeah, if you choose to give it. Year, not so much.
-- Bob