Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another reset
Another reset
Once again. We have reset to early morning on ma ch 7th. It's like groundhog day

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: Another reset
Yeah, just spotted it 15 mins ago or so. I was on a call with support when I saw this thread, and they're now escalating the ticket to the network operations center.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
The logo is back. Hopefully that's a good sign. When I get home tonight I need to check if my ftp access is back, too -- but the only reason I needed it was to replace the logo...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And I have FTP access, and it looks like the boards' DB is stable again. But I'll be watching closely for a few days.
-- Bob

*Bob standing behind the servers with a baseball bat.*
(03-10-2024, 12:12 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: *Bob standing behind the servers with a baseball bat.*

I thought that the Clue(do) weapon was a lead pipe, not a baseball bat... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(03-10-2024, 08:02 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 12:12 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: *Bob standing behind the servers with a baseball bat.*

I thought that the Clue(do) weapon was a lead pipe, not a baseball bat... Smile

[Image: XN7UO6v.jpg]
And the posts from last night are gone, while the posts from the night before are back

Are there two different paralell databases?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Dartz, can you be specific about what's vanished? I just confirmed that at least some posts from yesterday are still present.
-- Bob

Posts 6, 7, and 8 in this thread are back. The post that I made to this thread saying they were gone is gone.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Might be your cache, because nothing has changed in this thread for me since late Saturday -- in particular, I still see your post complaining that the other posts have disappeared. I've also been surveying the other fora and everything that I knew of for sure is still there.
-- Bob

I made a post about how I used the fic updates thread as a guide, and that's gone.
Crap. Okay, I know they still have the ticket open, if we're still seeing things disappearing by tomorrow I'll call my ISP and let them know.
-- Bob

This really feels like database replication issues. Possibly a cache issue but as far as I know you’re not using a cache.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto