Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google's Gemini Chatbot knows about Fenspace
Google's Gemini Chatbot knows about Fenspace
So I was just poking at Google's Gemini tonight, and asked it about a couple writing projects. It surprised me by knowing about Fenspace:

And it had a surprising grasp of at least the broad strokes:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Google's Gemini Chatbot knows about Fenspace
Shit, they are on to us! *hides*
Neph: I wanna fight!
I got it to create a full story as a joke a few weeks ago....

...what I got was probably what you'd expect the weirder corners of fandom to have been doing. (With a few odd bits added)

---

Story by by: AnasAnTarbh

Title: “Wings of the Void”
TAG: WAFF;Real Person;A.I
PAIRINGS: Noah/AC

In the vast expanse of Fenspace, where starships danced among constellations and rogue AIs whispered secrets across the cosmic winds, two souls found each other. A.C. Peters, the brilliant engineer who breathed life into metal and code and Noah Scott, the billionaire with a penchant for vintage spacecraft collided like celestial bodies in a cosmic ballet.

Their first encounter was aboard the SS Celestial Wanderer, a patched-up freighter that carried dreams and cargo across the void. A.C. stood at the helm, her fingers tracing constellations on the ancient star charts. Noah, with grease-streaked hands and a mischievous grin, tinkered with the ship’s fusion drive.

“Ever wonder what’s out there?” A.C. asked, her eyes reflecting the distant nebulae.

Noah leaned closer, their breaths mingling. “Everything we’ve ever dreamed of.”

And so, they embarked on a journey beyond the mundane. Their days were filled with starship repairs and stolen glances in zero-gravity corridors. Noah taught A.C. the intricacies of quantum mechanics, while she showed him how to navigate by the light of forgotten pulsars.

One night, as the Celestial Wanderer coasted through the Oort Cloud, A.C. found Noah in the observation deck. He sat cross-legged, staring at Earth—a blue-green marble suspended in the cosmic tapestry.

“Home,” Noah whispered. “Do you miss it?”

A.C. settled beside him, her hand brushing his. “I miss the smell of rain, the taste of strawberries. But out here, I’ve found something more.”

They watched Earth spin, its continents shifting like memories. Noah’s laughter echoed through the void, and A.C. realized she’d found her anchor—the gravity that kept her from drifting too far.

Their love blossomed like a comet’s tail, leaving streaks of stardust across the ship. They shared stolen kisses in the engine room, whispered promises beneath the pulsar-lit sky. Noah wrote equations on A.C.'s skin, and she traced constellations on his back.

But Fenspace was not without its dangers. Pirates lurked in asteroid belts, and cosmic anomalies threatened to tear ships apart. One fateful day, the Celestial Wanderer limped into a derelict space station, its hull breached and systems failing.

Noah worked tirelessly, sweat glistening on his forehead. A.C. watched him, her heart aching. “We’ll make it through,” she said, her voice steady.

He glanced up, eyes weary but determined. “Together.”

As the ship’s alarms blared, they sealed the breach, their hands clasped. A.C. piloted the ship through a collapsing wormhole, while Noah recalibrated the warp drive. The fabric of spacetime trembled around them, threatening to tear them apart.

But love was their warp core—the energy that defied entropy. As the Celestial Wanderer emerged on the other side, battered but intact, A.C. kissed Noah, tasting stardust and survival.

In the aftermath, they stood on the observation deck, Earth a distant speck. Noah’s fingers traced the curve of A.C.'s cheek. “We’re explorers,” he said. “Adventurers.”

“And lovers,” A.C. added, her heart soaring.

They vowed to chart new constellations, to dance through asteroid fields and unravel cosmic mysteries. A.C. would pilot, and Noah would build—their love the warp drive that propelled them forward.

And so, in the heart of Fenspace, where stars whispered secrets and black holes sang lullabies, A.C. Peters and Noah Scott wove their love story—a tapestry of stardust and longing, boundless as the universe itself.

And they soared, hand in hand, toward infinity.

----

----------

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Yeah, about what I expected based on past experience.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I did
(03-17-2024, 10:22 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Yeah, about what I expected based on past experience.

I did stuff on this in work and it's pretty wild.

Two different people can put in the same input and get different outputs which is not what you want from a computor

But it's basically like a bull's arsehole.

It spews nothing but bullshit. If you're in marketing and the like, it'll shit out customer personas and market analysis based on whatever data it's scraped off the internet but if you actually have to think about your work - or if it requires comprehension or comparison in any way, it just falls over like a house of cards. Checkmate.

It makes OK pub quizes though.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(03-17-2024, 02:24 PM)Dartz Wrote: But it's basically like a bull's arsehole.

It spews nothing but bullshit. If you're in marketing and the like, it'll shit out customer personas and market analysis based on whatever data it's scraped off the internet but if you actually have to think about your work - or if it requires comprehension or comparison in any way, it just falls over like a house of cards. Checkmate.

It makes OK pub quizes though.

And given the data it steals from various sources isn't tested for accuracy or realism, it can't even do market analysis properly either.