Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A song not to play in this step
A song not to play in this step
For obvious reasons: "Send Me An Angel" by Real Life. It's probably on his 'not to play' list ANYWAY, but in Eva it would be an espescially bad idea, no?
- CD, looking for love, calling heaven above/send me an angel (whoo eee ooh) send me an angel (whee oh ooh) right now...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: A song not to play in this step
We also don't want him to play "Undercover Angel" by Allan O'Day (probably would manifest Kaworu in a dress...), or the doo-wop song "Angel Eyes" or... well, you get the idea.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
"Earth Angel" - which, by odd happenstance, happens to be the song I hate most is the universe.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Fallen Angel by Debbie Gibson
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
"Teen Angel" -- more Kaworu?
Pearl Jam -- "Angel"
Westlife -- "Angel"
Sarah McLachlan -- "Angel"
LeeAnn Rimes -- "Twisted Angel"
Celine Dion -- "I'm Your Angel"
... Oh, just google on "angel lyrics".

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
heh i just looked into my playlist and discovered two songs NOt to be played....
Rob Dougan's :Furious Angel's
and
Angelic layer's : Be my Angel ^^
while both songs are good...... just not in the eva step Tongue
With no reference to 'angels' directly, but still not likely to have a good effect in a earth-vs-heaven setting, would be _Knockin' on Heaven's Door._ I prefer the Guns 'N' Roses version, on my mix CD right after 'I Used To Love Her (But I Had To Kill Her),' but any of them would do. Precisely WHAT it would do... My money would be on turning him into a Kawuro-like human size angel for the duration... or untill the force that's behind the angels (which the canon says is God Himself) decides to let him change back. Unfortunately, that's probably a bit too normal-SI-behavior to actually use on screen.
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Hm. "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" might act as a homing beacon, for lack of a better word, for Angels -- instead of heading for the Geofront, they would go for Doug. I agree that any angelic transformation for Doug would be too far over the top for any real consideration, and wouldn't really fit the plot of the story as I have it laid out already.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Thank goodness that Train's "Calling all Angels" is too modern to be in Doug's helmet too...
Can we say unintentional Mass Angel attack?"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Mass Angel attack
Thank goodness that Train's "Calling all Angels" is too modern to be in Doug's helmet too...
Ah, the advantages of dimension hopping is that if he winds up in an Earth with a *future* date, he can access every song that wasn't written in the Warriors' timeline.
Consider he's got Konya wa Hurricane in his helmet, and that wasn't written until at least 2033...
Re: Mass Angel attack
Exactly. Doug plans on going on a music-shopping spree just before he leaves the BGC world...

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
haha unexpected benefits and perks of dimentional hopping ^^
Ah. Changed your mind about the "That would be Cheating" thing, I see."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
Ah. Changed your mind about the "That would be Cheating" thing, I see.
Yeah. I found a great song from 2000 that would fit the climactic scene of DW5 a lot better than what I'd been intending on using up to now. It's just so right. So...
And, in character, Doug always intended on trolling the record shops for something new and useful. I just never intended to use anything post-1998 on-screen.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Quote:
I just never intended to use anything post-1998 on-screen.
2 comments on this:
1) I't only cheating if it's gratuitous or otherwise doesn't make the plot flow better - after all, Doug would be failing in is duty to be the best Warrior he can by not actively trying to gather as much useful music as he could.
2) Just because it's not something he could have gotten before he left doesn't mean it's cheating. Just footnote when/where he got it in the concordance and you've cited source properly [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Well, #1 was my point before. And #2, well, yeah, I don't think I was the one who ever called it cheating. Custom-written songs, that's cheating. Post-1998 songs, well, after DW2 I can get away with it.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.