Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another DW-Eva teaser
Another DW-Eva teaser
Traffic seems to be slowing here, so I figured I'd stir things up a bit. Here's just a tiny fragment from an incomplete scene, but it should be entertaining.

-- Bob

"Misato-san... Misato." I shook my head, trying to clear it and
phrase this properly. "You are a smart, devastatingly sexy
woman. You and I share a lot of the same kind of background, and
we relate very well. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted
to you. But I can't let our relationship go past a simple
friendship." I took her hand in mine. "Misato, I've told you
before. I'm married, and no matter how far I am from her, I
*will* be faithful."

The pitying look in her eyes surprised the hell out of me, but
not as much as the next thing she said. "Doug, it's very
admirable and very sweet of you to be so devoted to her after so
many years." Her voice was soft and gentle, the voice you use to
break bad news to a friend. "But you have to face facts... if
you and she haven't reunited by now, she *had* to have died in
Second Impact."

For a long, long moment I just stared at her, completely at a
loss for words following that... remarkable observation. Then I
smiled and said, "Misato, I'd like to tell you a very special
secret."

---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
RE: Teaser
Quote:
"Misato, I'd like to tell you a very special
secret."
"I'm secretly the Urban Spaceman, and I don't exist."
Blessed be.
-n
(Yes, yes, I know I'm a snarky bitch, but hey, you love me anyway.)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Re: RE: Teaser
No fair quoting all the good lines before I write the Step, Nathan.

-- Bob
---------
Then I guess it's a good thing I held my tongue/fingers when I read his reply, 'cause I would have used even more of 'em Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At LargeDrunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Re: Another DW-Eva teaser
For a long, long moment I just stared at her, completely at a loss for words following that... remarkable observation. Then I smiled and said, "Misato, I'd like to tell you a very special secret."
Misato said, "What?"
Doug grinned, then looked puzzled for a moment, "Ah... ehm..." then he shrugged, and with a mischievious smirk, said, "I am the Walrus, koo koo kachoob!"
Misato fell over laughing as the director yelled, "Dammit! CUT!!!"
-Logan
(Ducking and running! ^_^)
Re: Another DW-Eva teaser
Great, now we have DW-EVA Bonus Theater... Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
RE: Teaser
"REI! REPORT!" Asuka snapped as she and Touji pounded across the internal landscape of the suddenly opened Geofront.
Rei looked up at the circling Eva 05 series in dawning horror. "They're... They're the Eggmen!"
Eva 03 tripped at this announcement, and measured itself in a full-length sliding bellyflop that tore a dreadful gash through the carefully prepared chunk of national forest where they were doing their shooting. Its comm systems were silent.
Asuka, her mind intent on the mission, didn't really notice."Scheist! That means we'll have to..." What Rei had just said, as opposed to what had been in the script, finally penetrated, and she shot a nasty glare (or/and her Eva shot a nasty glare) in Rei's general direction. "And you call -me- a snarky little bitch? Hah!"
She turned and planted her Eva's boot into Unit 03's side. "Get up, stoodge. We've gotta do this over."
The comlink finally opened, revealing a prostrate Touji convulsing helplessly in his control chair as dozens of tiny silver orbs of saline floated away from his eyes and off into the LCL.
She glared at him, "Dummkopf," before turning to wave her Eva's free arm cheerfully at the distant director. "Shouldn't you go do a control room scene, or something? We'll be a while muzzling Wondergirl and getting the Stoodge on his feet again."
There was the inevitable clang of Eva-contacting-Eva as Unit 00 completed its sneak and grabbed Unit 02 in a full body glomp from behind, its hands reaching forward and around to paw suggestively at Unit 02's chestplate. "No, keep the cameras rolling... We'll have such -fun-, and I'd hate to have the viewers missing what they were waiting for."
Asuka didn't even flinch, but rather slumped. "Lucky Charms," she said quietly, then repeated, louder, "Lucky Charms!" before cutting loose for real. "Somebody let Wondergirl at the verdammt Lucky Charms! We're overbudget, underslept, massively behind schedule, not out of any fault of our own, oh no, but rather because of overruns -upstory- from us and no fault of our own, and now we're going to have to spend a full fucking day fixing this fucking scene because some fucker was stupid enough to let Wondergirl, of all the fucking people, at the fucking Lucky Charms!"
"So -cranky-," Rei pouted, then leaned Unit 00 forward, as though it had a mouth, and Unit 02 an ear for that mouth to whisper sweet nothings in. "But don't worry, you're pretty enough to be worth calming down, and even if you wouldn't usually be interested, I think that I can promise that Touji will be more than cooperative enough to make it worth your while..."
The Director finally ripped his eyes away from the spectacle. "Cut. Just cut."
"But don't lose the footage," said his assistant, combing his fingers through his ponytail. "Just think what it'll be worth on ebay!"
"This is your fault, isn't it?"
"I blame the caterers!"

Blessed be.
-n
(I've never been terribly good at resisting temptation.)
===========

Bob, I think you gotta hire this boy as your assistant - if for no other reason than he does such a good job on the outtakes... Smile
Offsides (who's still laughing at this one...)Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At LargeDrunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Break Triggers of the DW:EVA film team:
"She's a bitchy-bitch."
"Oooooh. It's _pur_-ple."
"I'm sorry, did that hurt?"
"Fly, windshield."
"Kiss the burger!"
And anything to do with the Beatles' I Am The Walrus.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

I'm staying out of this until I stop laughing.
I'll see you all next Thursday, that means.

-- Bob
---------
Man, I'm going to be high on the oxygen debt from this one for days. (Still snickering...) ^_^
-Logan
----------
Legolas - Obviously an Elvish word meaning "Gatling Gun".
----------
Three little words...
"Ahh, let's see now," Misato mused as she went through the list of songs on the crystal Doug had given her. "Quite the variety here... ooh, this one looks neat." She tapped the 'play' button and listened as the music filled her room.
Konya wa HURRICANE, anata ni HURRICANE...
"Mmm, yeah, this is good. I didn't know Doug was into retrothrash..." She trailed off as the sound of someone screaming filled the air. It seemed to just be 'No!' repeated over and over again. "That's not in the script," she muttered, getting up to look.
Then she was tackled by a lean brunette who started giving her a rather vicious noogie. It only lasted a moment before the assailant had gotten up to stalk after the director, who was backing off and waving his hands defensively.
"Priss, come on, what's wrong? We can work it out, really, can't we?"
"You idiot!" She swung at him once, missed, swung again and tagged the arm he threw up to block. "Didn't I tell you all this before, when you were filming the first time?"
"Explain what?" Bob asked, pretending not to know what she was talking about, while the rest of the DW-Eva cast gathered around.
"You're making fun of MY MUSIC!" she screamed. "For the third time! It is not 'retrothrash', it is not 'punk'. Three words: ROCK. AND. ROLL! Got that, bud?"
"I... erk!" She grabbed his collar and twisted it. "Yes! I got it! I'll change the script, okay?"
Priss seemed to settle down, at that, and nodded. "You'd better."
Doug joined her as she walked away. "You know, this gives me an idea..."
Misato sat back down as the crew got ready to reshoot the take, while the director glanced after Doug and Priss with a worried frown.
Two weeks later
The four pilots stood on stage with their instruments, the whistling sound from Shinji's keyboard soon joined by Rei's guitar. Moments later, a hard beat kicked in from Asuka's guitar and Touji's drums, and Asuka started to sing...
Live in virtue, no desire
In the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Doug and Priss grinned as Bob hung his head. "I knew this was a bad idea," he muttered, "I just knew it..."
Aww... you people flatter me so much. Stop it, plea-
What am I -saying-?!
Give it to me, baby!
Blessed be.
-n
(Mweheheheheh.)
===========

Uh-huh, uh-huh.
(And for those of you wondering just what the hell we're talking about, Nathan is exercising his prerogative as a prereader to make sly little comments about stuff I've written that I haven't shared with the public at large. And I'm exercising mine as well. I do have to say, that image of the Children as a band is... very coincidental. )

-- Bob
---------
Let me just say...
<Insert SEG here>
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Hm.
Well, okay, I'm curious to see if anyone recognized the song I quoted above for the "concert"... Wink
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Re: Hm.
Well I've possiblely haven't heard that song before but I've heard others from that band (plus when I sung the words I was deja vue'ing big time).
Tracking down the full lyrics sank it for me.
You're evil, evil, -evil-! In a good way. Smile
--Rod.H
"Why am I thinking Aya is a trans-d relie of Honor?"
Once again, with feeling...
Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Quote:
Well, okay, I'm curious to see if anyone recognized the song I quoted above for the "concert"... Wink
I had to Google it to find out. I have to agree with Rod. You're evil.
Almost as evil as me. Boy will you hate me when this comes out.
-- Bob
(dropping evil hints but not saying too much)
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Instantly. I have both versions in mp3.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

Quote:
I had to Google it to find out. I have to agree with Rod. You're evil.
Almost as evil as me. Boy will you hate me when this comes out.

::googles::
AAAAAAAAA!!! Definatly, very very evil!!!
"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Interesting. I found two different translations. The one quoted here is the "official" translation from the American release of the song, but there's a different one that's apparently both more literal and just as "official". You can find both versions on this page.
Oh, and for those who don't know after all this time, the lyrics are from Rammstein's "Engel" ("Angel"), which besides being a damn good song even if you don't understand German, is also the basis for one of the better Evangelion music videos out there.

-- Bob
---------
please don't hit me . . .
. . . But I don't think that having Doug go into the Eva world is a good idea.
What I mean is, is that . . .
Well, Eva ended as well as it was going to. Shinji deciding that he'd rather live, and consequently have everyone else live, as individuals, with the betrayl and pain and abandonment inherent in that existence (as well as the positive stuff, too) is the best that it could have ended.
Now Doug . . . Doug's a good guy. But I don't think any number of pop-derived super-powers are going to stop the suicide spiral that everyone was on. Nor should it. Eva, I think, SHOULD have an amiguous ending (ambiguous as in you don't know if it's happy or sad).
Maybe it'd be better if Doug, no matter how many angels he beats down, no matter how many sanctimonious rants he directs as Gendo et al., CAN'T stop Third Impact.
Just a thought.
Re: please don't hit me . . .
I think this board is a general No Hitting Zone, unles it's with a Rhythm Stick Smile
As a pre-reader and major contributor to the recent discussions on DW-EVA, I'm gonna say this: Doug is not a direct force of change in the Eva universe, he is merely an influence. And while you may be right about his powers not being able to alter things, it doesn't mean he can't do anything at all.
I personally am very pleased with the direction that Bob's taking the plot outline - as much as I like NGE, the fact that everyone (including the viewer!) gets the short end of the stick doesn't sit well with me. Bob's found a way to change that in a way that proves the theory that a minor change can have a major impact down the line.
I'll let Bob say anything more on this since it's his baby. Further discussion is welcomed, let's just not start a flame war over this Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Re: please don't hit me . . .
As a pre-reader myself, let me just pose this rhetorical question for you people on the board and let you ponder it --
Was the overall focus of events centered the conspiracies between the UN, NERV and SEELE and the various mystic and kabbalistic ritual on a grand scale? Or was it the characters and their interactions and the choices they made that had more impact on their world?
Or to put it another way - was it the powers and principalities or the decisions of people on a more personal scale that made more of a difference in how things happened?
If you know the answer to that question, you know the answer as to how Doug influences the events of Evangelion. And that's all that needs saying.
-Logan
----------
Legolas - Obviously an Elvish word meaning "Gatling Gun".
----------