Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't know if this's been mentioned...
Don't know if this's been mentioned...
Red Cross Book
I haven't had the time to give it a full readthrough yet, but for my skimming I'd say that the phrasing is vague enough to include just about every theory that's been aired on this board so far.
For instance, 'derived from Lillith' and 'originally having belonged to Lillith' are not at all the same thing. Far's I can see, the same comment (RE: where Rei's soul came from) would hold true for the whole human race.
On reflection, my opinion of the Rei/Lillith thing is that while there is enough genetic and 'aural' connection/similarity to create the observe merging effect, their minds, or souls if you insist on being religious, have little to nothing in common... because both of those things are dependant upon free will, which (at least by what my skimming indicates) neither Lillith nor the Angels have.
Lillith turns into Rei, and previously was unable to move from the cross, because there was nobody home and she wasn't getting any orders from outside.
Rei, on the other hand, -could- have been normal enough, if Rokubungi and SEELE hadn't fucked her over from day one.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Re: Don't know if this's been mentioned...
Huh. I'd heard of the Red Cross Book, but I'd never seen a copy before now. I'm going to have to study this a bit, but I went and looked up the Rei/Lilith reference you cite above, and you are right, it does look like it says Rei's soul isn't Lilith's, but is somehow made from it...
Thanks, Nathan!

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.