Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evil Thought for Eva
Evil Thought for Eva
...so Shinji lays the 400% smack down on Zeruel and gets absorbed into 01 as per spec... and while the techs are working on pulling him out via tried-and-failed technology, Doug experiments with some tunes and eventually comes up with one that works: -Mother and Child Reunion-.
And isn't everyone surprised when it works a hell of a lot -better- than Doug expected...! [Image: happy.gif]
Up side: bloody obvious, innit?
Down side: might significantly degrade Shinji's sync fu... but at that point he probably wouldn't mind! Also, if Asuka isn't already far down the road to wellness, this could really set her back (a la the Sabers and resurrection)...
(Could Doug -see- the various distinct souls/life forces in there, I wonder...?)
--Sam Ashley
"I'm here because... a big clown hit me!"
Re: Evil Thought for Eva
Other Potential Up Side: In one interpretation, Gendo's entire reason for going along with Instrumentality and Seele and everything is that it'd do just that - Bring Yui Back.
Other Potential Down Side: We don't actually know that much about Yui. For all we know, -she- could have been the one who came up with and sold Lorenz & Co. on Instrumentality...
In which case, having her back is quite probably a bad thing.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
Other Potential Down Side: We don't actually know that much about Yui. For all we know, -she- could have been the one who came up with and sold Lorenz & Co. on Instrumentality...

I've come across a few of those at FF.net but there's also a few which show the power of pissed off mothers, 'How to Make a Human Being' by Pitviper currently seems to have 'good' Yui out and 'bout. Not to mention the occupants of the Rei-qarium too.
--Rod.H (who's trying to fit Gendo into the 'Colonel Bogey march' beat)
"~0 Gendo, he's a burkamin dog; Gendo, wants to Tang us all....dah da dah da da dah da da dah 0~"
Quote:
Doug experiments with some tunes and eventually comes up with one that works: -Mother and Child Reunion-.
And isn't everyone surprised when it works a hell of a lot -better- than Doug expected...!
You're right.
That is evil.
Geeze, that creates a third/fourth new direction for the plot to go... the way things were going, it wasn't even likely Shinji would ever need to go 400% sync...
Quote:
Could Doug -see- the various distinct souls/life forces in there, I wonder...?
Not from the outside...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:
In one interpretation, Gendo's entire reason for going along with Instrumentality and Seele and everything is that it'd do just that - Bring Yui Back.
True, and what a spin that would put on the plot if that were the case.
Of course, this idea does require that Doug have access to the Eva via Central Dogma -- and honestly, that's not going to happen. I can't say why without revealing too much here, but as one of my prereaders Nathan should remember where I'm sending the plot and why that would be the case.

-- Bob
---------
There is indeed precious little to base a Yui character on, but given what little I've seen -- particularly her brief appearances in EOE -- I'm inclined to think that despite her role in the design of things to come, she was a relatively nice person.
Then again, she married Gendo. What can that say about a woman? Either she's a terrible judge of character, or they complemented each other...
Quote:
'How to Make a Human Being' by Pitviper
I've spotted that; I guess I should give it a try. I'm still waiting for the next chapter of "I Was A Teenaged Dummy Plug", myself...
Quote:
(who's trying to fit Gendo into the 'Colonel Bogey march' beat)
"~0 Gendo, he's a burkamin dog; Gendo, wants to Tang us all....dah da dah da da dah da da dah 0~"
Have you seen the song parody
What Would Gendo Ikari Do? -- to the tune of "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" from the South Park movie?

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Then again, she married Gendo. What can that say about a woman? Either she's a terrible judge of character, or they complemented each other...
Or he's changed more than you'd expect.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Yes, there is that possiibility, but I think it's unlikely. Again, there's little base judgments on, but what we see of the college-age Rokobungi Gendo seems to indicate he's a right bastard even then.

-- Bob
---------