Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eva Step Teaser
Eva Step Teaser
Over on "The Game", as part of the discussion of the use of Supertramp's "Logical Song", valles suggested it might have this effect on Rei:
Quote:
Her crimson eyes went wide, shining with something a little like hope. "I'm... real? Yes," she answered her own question softly. "I'm real." She smiled, softly at first, but at the end a full, facesplitting grin. Her voice was gentle, reverent, and entirely approving. "*Dude.*"
Well, I already have a similar moment written. And she doesn't say "dude".
(As always with a project as far out from completion as DW-Eva, this passage is of course subject to dramatic change.)
Then, to Shinji and Asuka's absolute astonishment, Rei let loose a peal of laughter. Before either could voice the dark suspicionthey suddenly felt, Rei turned and quickly drew first Shinji and then Asuka into a brief, chaste, but heartfelt kiss. "You do know that you two are my best friends in the world, and I love you dearly?" she said as she released a somewhat stunned Asuka, the broad smile on her lips seeming almost an alien thing there. "You, and Misato, and Sangnoir-sensei." Turning back to the abandoned barricade, she shifted the smile into an almost feral grin, and added, "Once more, dear friends, into the breach." She took off running across the catwalk, leaving the Second and Third Children behind her, blinking stupidly.Asuka recovered first. Her hand shot out and clamped around thefront of Shinji's shirt. Before the stunned boy could react, shedragged him nose-to-nose, glared at him for a moment, then kissedhim as well."Huh?" he breathed the moment her lips released his."You're *my* best friend, too, dummkopf," she growled almost threateningly. "And don't you forget it!"With that, she released him, and he stumbled backward, still dazedby the double shock. By the time he had caught himself, Asuka hadalready dashed after Rei.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Eva Step Teaser
Oh my...
That is both disturbingly sweet and sweetly disturbing. I imagine the full context would leave me less flabbergasted, but still...
-Logan
----------
Legolas - Obviously an Elvish word meaning "Gatling Gun".
----------
I don't remember that for the DW-EVA notes, but I like it! [Image: smile.gif] Perhaps the song causes the wheels to start turning, but since it's such a shock to Rei it takes a while for her to process it...
Might work [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Well, it is a bit expanded from the original one-paragraph note, so you might not be able to place it precisely. I'll tell you more in email.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.