Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelion Help?
Evangelion Help?
Can anyone help me? I'm looking for a coherent timeline of Evangelion; one that matches the actual calendar for 2015-16 would be best. Every timeline I've so far come across on the Net has been incomplete -- fragmentary blocks of text assigned with no finer grain than yearly -- or demonstrably wrong -- the only Friday 11th's in 2015 are in September and December, so Asuka and Shinji couldn't have performed their "duet" attack in the spring of that year as so many sites maintain.
Actually, it doesn't have to match the calendar, as long as it can give me a better sense of when things happen on a monthly basis. Too many sites just list the angels with the year "2015" written at the top and call that a timeline. I'm hoping that somewhere, someone has something more.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Evangelion Help?
I have nothing authoritative, but I'll see what I can come up with. I would also suggest looking at the timeline of events in NXE - while a lot of it is very different from NGE, it makes sense in terms of when a lot of the angels showed up...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
This is from my understanding of the series, so bear with me...
Due to the catastophic event that was Second Impact, Earth was knocked on its collective kiester in a lot of ways. One of them that was only briefly touched on was that seasonal changes (at least in that area of the world) became non-existent. No fall, no winter, just a perpetual warm/hot year. Perhaps a rainy season. *shrug* That could account for the 'springtime duet'.
A nifty thought: have the children born after Second Impact ever *seen* snow? How would they react? [Image: eek.gif]

--
Draconan
> No fall, no winter, just a perpetual warm/hot year. Perhaps
> a rainy season. *shrug* That could account for the
> 'springtime duet'.
Yes, that I was aware of. Doug's going to have a couple of things to say about that. However, that's not quite what I mean. I mean that a few of the fan-produced timelines out there explicitly note March 11, 2015 as the date for the Episode 9 battle against whichever Angel it was. And that's just wrong.
Interestingly enough, an EVA FAQ I found yesterday has this to say:
Quote:
(As a side note, the calender they are using isn't correct for 2015. It's either 2017, or more likely 1995.)
It also gives August as the month for that battle, and implies that the month is visible on-screen at some point; I'm going to have to rewatch the episode to find out.
What's interesting about the calendar issue is that at least one fic author seems to have picked up on it; I seem to recall a story where the cast of Eva got a "redo" two years after the original events.
> A nifty thought: have the children born after Second Impact ever *seen* snow?
Some in the northern hemisphere must -- the Arctic is apparently still intact, and the global warming can't be that severe.
> How would they react?
Well, I've got a piece of promotional artwork by Gainax that shows Asuka and Rei caught together in a snow flurry; they're both obviously enchanted by it, Asuka more visibly so, unsurprisingly enough.

-- Bob
---------
I believe the story you're thinking of is Higher Learning, by Strike Fiss ([url=http://www.studioshinnyo.com).]www.studioshinnyo.com).[/url] I'd have to say that it's one of the best Eva fanfics I've read, and among the best fanfics I've read for any series.
RE: Redos and Calendar issues
Yes, indeed, it was Higher Learning. I just read that, what, about a month ago, I think. It actually concerned me for a while because there were some common elements between it and DW-Eva, but after a while the plot diverged more than enough to reassure me I won't be accused of plagiarism.
-- Bob
---------