Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Nagai's two famous characters and Doug.
Go Nagai's two famous characters and Doug.
I'm quite sure that Doug could get along with Honey Kisarigi(any of them), even though she tends to make smart-aleck comments during a fight. The fact that she has a Demon Lord(Panther Zora) coming after her would also add to it. Although that is not for Cutey Honey Flash or Re: Cutey Honey, just for the manga, original anime, and OVA versions.
The reason given in the manga was that Honey's soul is free of all evil(no original sin) and Zora wanted her because of it. No, I don't but it either. Especially since there WAS a person in another Go Nagai work who truly had an unblemished soul until he perforemd an insane ritual to save the world. Which brings us to him.
Now then, the one that would have Doug ripping out his hair in fustration. Heck even Paradox/Godboy would have headaches with this guy. Akira Fudo. Akira placed his eternal soul at risk during a Black Sabbath ritual and reversed the possion to take control of the Demon Lord Amon. Lord Xenon seems to have two morivations for targeting Akira. One is to kill him, for taking Amon down like that and th other is that Xenon wants to seduce Akira becuase he is who he is.(sort of like Tabris dealing with Shinji in Evangelion)
Is Devilman a Celestial or something else? In the Blackjack manga, alll the various Blackjacks merged into one person(Devilman) and then he proceeded to trash Hell
By the way Chris, how would Pardox deal with Devilman? The Holy and Infernal forces must have sat up and took note of that little stunt. It doesn't help that Ryo Asuka, did a falied stunt and merged with Satan himself. Akira is in control of Amon, or the two have merged perfectly. Ryo was slowly took over by Satan and Akira killed him. --------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
--------------------
Re: Go Nagai's two famous characters and Doug.
Quote:
I'm quite sure that Doug could get along with Honey Kisarigi(any of them), even though she tends to make smart-aleck comments during a fight.
"Even though"? How about "especially because"?
Quote:
Is Devilman a Celestial or something else?
Another show I haven't seen/manga I haven't read, which means I can't really answer. Sorry.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Quote:
Akira placed his eternal soul at risk during a Black Sabbath ritual and reversed the possion to take control of the Demon Lord Amon.
OK, now, I read that and just about freaked, 'cause something over twenty years ago, I came up with the idea of a superhero whose powers came from summoning a demon and then draining the demon of its powers (and life). And somebody made a manga and/or anime of the concept? Damn, if only I had artistic skill, it could've been me writing/drawing it!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Something over twenty years ago, Devilman had already been around for something over ten years. 1972 to be exact. Smile
--Sam
"A devil's body and a human heart... I am Devilman!"
Quote:
... and reversed the possion ...
I read that as "and reversed the poisson", and wondered what re-orienting a French fish had to do with anything. Then I remembered that Doug was involved, and realized anything could happen...
But I suspect I simply can't figure out whatever you were trying to say there.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
"Possession." Amon tried to possess Akira, and changed his body into demon-flesh, but Akira's pure heart and strong will overwhelmed Amon's mind and left the human in control of the resulting gestalt entity.
--Sam
"This is graveness."
Well Bob, you now have just enough information about Akira Fudo.
He was an ordinary human(something of a wimp. Miki had to save him from four bullies that would have severly hurt him) that pitted his mind, will, and soul versus a Demon Lord and won, stealing the mind, body, and power of Amon and is now going toe to toe with Satan.

Just what would Akira look like under mage sight? It might even be as stange as Rei Ayanami's.
He might be one of the few Celestials that Doug respects, since he understands what it is to be human.
I think the beings from Powerpuff Girls Zeta would also throw off Doug's mage sight. The girls glow white and their opponents glow black under each others sight. --------------------
--------------------