Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiny Utena Teaser
Re: I wonder, I wonder, do you know what I wonder?
I bow to your superior (read: actually *existing*) knowledge of the plotline. If it's not meant to be there, it's not meant to be there.
That disclaimed, you had stated earlier that Doug was going to be in contact with Dios, who would forbid him from doing anything to alter The Plan, and that Doug would, therefore, be effectively standing on the sidelines.
I had originally conceived of this in the spirit of my first post on this board (and the sort of things the SI in Bubblegum Avatar does to Mason): a bit of comic relief/anonymous justice. Think of it as an isolated event- the Loon goes to ground (and stays there) before anybody sees who the UPS guy was, Akio isn't actually injured (one mother of a bruise, which he'd probably cover with makeup and let heal, but wouldn't change his combat ability one whit), Akio now has a reason to beat Doug into the ground so far that "Bat out of Hell" would, metaphorically speaking, be a literally proper way of getting out, and Doug's relieved some of the frustration that, If I read the character properly, he'll definitely build up if he learns *anything* about the Almighty Dios, comma, Plot Of. Heck, even if he *doesn't* learn anything, wouldn't he be wanting to do something, just because he was stuck on the sidelines?
I never thought of this snippet as leading anywhere: at best, if it ever made it into DW, it'd be as a transition between two scenes of plot importance, reliever of Doug's tension, and reason to have Akio angry.
This is the last thing I'll say about this issue, unless specifically asked a question: I know there is a Plan, I have Faith in the Plan, and so, I do not need to try to change (or, even worse, look like I'm trying to change) the Plan. All I wanted to do was give the Boss a way that this could potentially be used without disturbing the Plan, and explain how I think it's supposed to work.
Heck, it just bubbled out, first-draft-ish, when Kokuten mentioned the "highly pleasurable maneuver" that I quoted with it; all I expected was for it to get a few token comments, and be largely ignored.
If all else failed, with a bit of revision, it would be a decent omake, though...Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Messages In This Thread
Tiny Utena Teaser - by Bob Schroeck - 12-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Re: Tiny Utena Teaser - by Ebony - 12-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Re: Tiny Utena Teaser - by Star Ranger4 - 12-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Re: Tiny Utena Teaser - by Bob Schroeck - 12-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Re: Tiny Utena Teaser - by robkelk - 12-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Re: Tiny Utena Teaser - by Black Aeronaut - 12-02-2005, 03:35 AM
Re: Tiny Utena Teaser - by HoagieOfDoom - 12-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Re: Tiny Utena Teaser - by Bob Schroeck - 12-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Re: Tiny Utena Teaser - by HoagieOfDoom - 12-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Re: Tiny Utena Teaser - by Bob Schroeck - 12-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Mere Mortals.... hah! - by ECSNorway - 12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Re: Mere Mortals.... hah! - by Bob Schroeck - 12-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Re: I wonder, I wonder, do you know what I wonder? - by Kokuten - 08-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Re: I wonder, I wonder, do you know what I wonder? - by Kokuten - 08-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Re: I wonder, I wonder, do you know what I wonder? - by Bluemage - 08-08-2006, 07:52 PM