Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tip of the Hat to the Original
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original
> > I recomend seeing all of the original "Fight! Iczer One" as least once, assuming you
> > don't object to anime with quite a bit of horror in it.
>
> Horror's not my bag, and we saw quite enough of the original Iczer by that measure.
I am not a fan of horror, it being a genre I mostly avoid, but I found that there was something about "Fight! Iczer One" which appealed, even so. Maybe it was the heroism of the characters, even against almost totally overwhealming odds, or the way Iczer was ultimately willing to give up her soul mate (literally...).
Most horror has a depressing ending. The bad guys win, and it is only going to get worse. Brian Lumley ("Necroscope", etc) is one of the few exceptions that I have found, writing "heroic" horror, and has even written things based in the Cthulhu Mythos which are heroic ("Spawn of the Wind", ISTR), and I believe worth reading.
> > If wanted to really mix things up, have Shea (the Younger) having been through an
> > anime world before, and picked up an energetic blonde lady by the name of
> > "Excel"...
>
> I don't think you could get Excel to leave any world with Ilpalazzo in it even with a crowbar. (And
> by that, I mean hitting her over the head with it, and then dragging her off.) Hyatt I could see
> possibly wandering off on a cross-dimensional expedition, but Excel wouldn't want to leave her
> Lord and Master.
Enough things went wrong around Shea and co for this not to be a problem. All you need is a magical backlash (you are going to tell me magic is _reliable_ in the Excel Saga??? [grin]) to have Shea and Excel blown off world together, or them trying to track down her Lord, who left world earlier due to similar problems (you don't think he would be tempted to experiment with Shea's deck of cards? [grin]). Also, Excel might go with Shea if ordered to.
Of course, with the two of them gone, this leaves Hyatt to try and run ACROSS on her own! [grin] Maybe with help of other dimensionally displaced people Shea had picked up, and left behind there... (Choose your poison!)
I am not suggesting you write anything about Shea in Excel's world, but he could make a few remarks that would send shudders down people's spines! [grin]
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind

Messages In This Thread
A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ebony - 05-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ebony - 05-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-18-2003, 02:22 PM
quoting without context, yay! - by classicdrogn - 05-21-2003, 12:40 AM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Re: quoting without context, yay! - by Ace Dreamer - 05-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Re: Spidey's AC Enhancer - by Bluemage - 08-04-2006, 02:07 AM