Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additional Teaser Material: Girls, Girls, Girls
Additional Teaser Material: Girls, Girls, Girls
Once again, the cast list for this sidestory is subject to change; for instance, it's not certain that Slayers will actually be one of the Steps.
(Edit, 3/13/04. Some of this material has been updated and reposted over in the other GGG thread; I've deleted it here to avoid confusion.)
-- Bob
"You're nuts, b'wana, if you think I'm going to do a HerveVillachez impression," his companion muttered just loud enough tocarry across the floor.Skuld backed up a step, her bug-squashing mallet appearing in herhand. "What are you?"The man frowned. "That's an interesting question. And an evenlonger story. For now, you seem to be aboard my ship, anddespite being stowaways of a sort, hospitality's indicated."Skuld's hands tightened in their grip. "That's not what Imeant," she shrilled. "You're not human! What are you?"The others in the group came closer together hearing that,tension evident in their attitude.The black-haired woman grabbed his arm. "Remember, she's aPower, boss. Be careful." The capitalization of the word wasevident in her voice."Questions. All right then. You're aboard the private starshipCalypso. I'm the owner." He waved at the woman by his side."This is Minerva, my personal assistant and general factotum. Myname is Ed. I bear you no ill will at present, but I *would*like to know why you're on my ship, and if you have any hostileintentions towards it, myself, or my assistant." He directed hisattention at Skuld. "As for what I am, given that this is *my*ship, shouldn't I be asking *you* that question, lass?"
-------
"But I digress.Someone's seen fit to choose my -- no, _our_ next destination forme, and given your arrival, I'd have to have the strength of asaint to avoid jumping to the obvious conclusion.""Someone's trying to make us go where _they_ want us to?" askedLisa. "Is it an invitation? Or a trap?"Delandra pursed her lips. "Or is it both?""Doesn't matter, you know."Everyone turned to look Lina Inverse. "It doesn't," sherepeated. "Unless we go, we won't find out." She pointed at Ed."And if he's right, that's just what someone wants."Minerva's quiet voice now took their attention. "Make your choice, adventurous Stranger; Strike the bell and bide the danger, Or wonder, til it drives you mad, What would have followed if you had.""C.S. Lewis," replied Skuld softly. "One of Father's favorites.""Somehow I'm not surprised," Ed said softly. A faraway look grewin his eyes for a moment; then he jerked himself back to thecurrent moment. "Now, ladies, I've introduced myself. It's onlyfair you do the same.""Why should we bother?" Skuld growled. "You already seem to knowwho we are."Ed shrugged. "Yes and no. I know who some of you are, but notthe rest of you.""And *snerk* how d'you *crunch* know that *chomp* much?" Linaasked without looking up from her plate."Because we've read or watched your adventures," Minerva replied.The table froze."What?"Ed smiled. "It's called 'transfictionality'. Some of you arethe subject of fiction -- books, movies or TV shows -- in otheruniverses."An unreadable expression passed over Willow's face, then shenodded. "I've heard of it," she said softly.
-------
Lisa and Skuld wandered around the cluttered cargo bay,occasionally opening boxes at random and peeking inside."Hey, look at this!""What is it?""A Teletubby/English English/Teletubby dictionary.""Ewww! Hey, there's something over here... 'Dr. Englebert'sMutation Creme'?""Uhh... Skuld?""What?""There's a tiny little pyramid over here.""So?""The eye in its capstone is watching us.""It's just an optical illusion.""But it just winked at me.""Ignore it.""A Succubus Barbie and an Incubus Ken?""You've GOT to be kidding...""Nope... Hey, this is interesting! Look at this, Skuld. It's apolice report, with conclusive and damning evidence that Mr.Boddy was in fact murdered by the Sicilian Mafia, and ColonelMustard was set up to take the fall." Lisa flipped through thepages thoughtfully. "I always thought it was Ms. Scarlet,myself.""There's a case of military-grade squelch oil over here. Squelchoil?""Hey, Skuld, what's a 'Nerf Nuke'?""I don't know. But this looks interesting." She held up a smallbook. "Pocket Universes for Dummies. It says a coupon for afree kit is included." The young goddess looked at it with anexpression of temptation written all over her face, thenreluctantly replaced it in the worn cardboard box she'd found itin.Lisa held up what appeared to be a Moebius strip made of gold,with ebony lettering down the center of the strip. "It says 'SeeOther Side'.""Oh, now THIS is crass.""What?""A Winnie-the-Pooh fusion bomb. Doesn't appear to be armed,though.""Wonder if there's a Tigger trigger for it?""Nope, but there's a crate of Frog grenades next to it.""Frog grenades?""That's what the label says. But what's really scary is this boxon top of the crate.""Oh?""It's labeled 'anti-personnel mimes'.""Weird.""Not as weird as this.""What is it?""Well, from the looks of them, and the marble they're made of,I'd say they were the arms broken from the Venus De Milo, exceptthat each hand has six fingers." The young goddess blinked."And one hand's making an obscene gesture!" she added inoffended tones.Lisa laughed. "You'll like this one, Skuld." She lifted up a small sack of powder. "Dehydrated gasoline -- just add water.""Forget that and help me close this crate full of cavorite. It'strying to float away."Lisa moved to aid her. Together they managed to close the boxbefore they lost any of the small greenish-grey chunks of metal.Then Lisa smiled as she spotted the contents of a small shippingcrate labled Rieder Optik, Schweiggerstr. 9, Lichenhof-Apotheke,Nurnberg, Bavaria. "I thought rose-colored glasses were only ametaphor.""I wouldn't wear any of them, if I were you," said Skuldsuspiciously, as she sat down on a small olive-drab 55-gallonplastic barrel with an orange and black sticker down one sidereading "DANGER: Mil-Spec Prop Wash. Do NOT Open." Behind herwas a crate which showed signs of frequent opening and re-nailing. Stencilled on its side was the faded legend, "Devices,Plot, Improbable, 1 Gross. Steffler-McGuffin Industries. DO NOTOPEN WITHOUT PROPER PROTECTIVE GEAR."There was a small cough behind them, from the direction of thecompanionway. "Actually, you should both be in your cabins,ladies. While I'm quite agreeable about offering transportationto folks in need, it's rather impolite to be picking through myluggage.""EEEP!"Edward looked at them mildly from his position near the mainhatch. "Nothing personal, ladies. It's just a matter ofprinciple. You wouldn't want ME snooping through YOUR property,would you?"The two young women blushed violently.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Additional Teaser Material: Girls, Girls, Girls
I don't know what scares me more.
a) Ed hauling around the contents of Warehouse 23 in the Calypso, or
b) Skuld looking for toys in Warehouse 23.
--Mr. F
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Thank god someone replied on this thread. I was starting to think this story idea had no interest for anyone!
Oh, and Ed? Looks like we both lost the bet...
Quote:
You know she's going to sneak back and get that coupon for the free pocket universe kit, of course...
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
a) Ed hauling around the contents of Warehouse 23 in the Calypso
Well, it's got to occupy physical space somewhere, so why not there? Smile
Quote:
I would think she'd be more interested in looking for ideas than actual goods - after all, she is a goddess and has a decent amount of power at her disposal if she gets a good idea... Smile
Quote:
You know she's going to sneak back and get that coupon for the free pocket universe kit, of course...
This, OTOH, is probably a lot easier than convincing her father to let her make one on her own... Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
> Thank god someone replied on this thread. I was starting
> to think this story idea had no interest for anyone!
I think the boggle factor associated with it was such that you weren't likely to get much in the way of (immediate) comments!
I hope that the ship has milspec food synthesis systems, with Lina Inverse on board...
Then, her and Willow wanting to do practical demonstrations of their two different magical styles...
Sounds like Ed's got real problems...
Of course, when Doug turns up, he will sort them all out!
[grin]
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Thanks.
I can't help but envisage Doug turning up and half-a-dozen girls going 'Doug!?' (to him, surprise he's there) 'Doug!?' (to each other, suspicion at everyone else recognising him) 'Doug!?' (to him, demanding an explanation).
'What, are there three of me?"
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Quote:
I can't help but envisage Doug turning up and half-a-dozen girls going 'Doug!?' (to him, surprise he's there) 'Doug!?' (to each other, suspicion at everyone else recognising him) 'Doug!?' (to him, demanding an explanation).

-- Bob
---------
Could a suitable place to read "Legion's Quest" be recommended?
I'm pretty sure that I read all the earlier stuff, up to the end of Book 2 (last UF), as it appeared on RAAC. And, the Twister/BGC x-over as it appeared in the RAAC archives (300k!) was something I read yesterday evening.
Is there more that I could/should read, please? Important things are implied in flashbacks, but...
Want to make sure I understand things, after all! [grin]
Is there a Legion timeline to consult, for example? [grin]
(I thought that this was a reasonable thing to ask and get maybe answered in this thread.)
--
I know that Barry Cadwgan'sAnime Page has possibly the most complete collection of links, but not all of them are live any more. I'm sure Ed will be happy to point you in the right direction(s), though.

-- Bob
---------
> I know that Barry Cadwgan'sAnime Page has possibly the
> most complete collection of links, but not all of them
> are live any more. I'm sure Ed will be happy to point
> you in the right direction(s), though.
Thanks!
A load more scenes for Book 3 (Twister/BGC), with notes on where more bits needed to be added.
The rest of the stuff was on "www.henge.com" and "www.deranged-otaku.com", neither of which links seem to work.
Still, nice to add some more bits!
I would have quite liked to see the Dirty Pair x-over...
Never consider sending Doug there? [grin]
--
Good thing I have a copy of it (the DP LQ chapter) saved on my hard drive. Drop me a 'mail at CheeNOSPAMzeA@NOSPAM.clemson.edu, removing the spam markers, and I'll send it to you. :-)
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Legion's Quest
I think I've got prety much all the posted Legion's Quest material (LQ1, LQ2, Tangled Skeins, Time & Again, Ma Vida Loco). If anyone's missing any of that I should be able to slap it into an email.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Legion's Quest
The reason the henge.com URL no longer works is because Stonehenge Internet was bought out, then CLOSED by a bunch of idiots who wanted to restrict their clientele to corporations only.
My new website, courtesy of a strictly _local_ ISP, can be found here:
www.schollnet.com/~eabecerr/
Almost all my fics are up on the new page, I'm still writing the Legion's Quest series, and I'm doing a Ranma fic in the light comedy vein as a way to relax and try to avoid obsessing over the fact that my significant other has cancer.
That's about the size of things at the moment. I'll add more later on.
Sincerely,
Ed Becerra
> The reason the henge.com URL no longer works is because
> Stonehenge Internet was bought out, then CLOSED by a
> bunch of idiots who wanted to restrict their clientele
> to corporations only.
Least they could do would be provide a migration link to somewhere else!
Something similar happened to me, but because I had bought the domain name, I was able to move everything pretty seamlessly to another ISP (and then another, because the first one screwed up!).
> My new website, courtesy of a strictly _local_ ISP, can
> be found here:
>
> www.schollnet.com/~eabecerr/
Thanks!
--
Ah, you beat me to it, Ed. I would have suggested a redirect to your new ISP yesterday if I could have remembered it... Oh, well, as long as he gets to the stories.
I forget, does your site have your original "Here's Legion, do what you want with him" post? I have that around somewhere still in case it doesn't and you want it...

-- Bob
---------
What *I* want to know is what Skuld's older, not-necessarily-wiser, overly-protective, and generally taller silbling has to say about her traipsing about parallel dimensions.
Big Grin
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Okay, okay, this was written long before your involvement in the process. We'll talk. Maybe it'll be Megumi when this thing actually gets done.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Heh. No worries, I was being silly.--
Would you believe I missed the smiley?
I do really want Skuld as part of the GGG crew, if only because I would love to hook her up with Rinrin from Sister Princess, Kaolla Su from Love Hina, and a couple other "gearhead grrrls". For some reason a new story idea about this same crew arriving in the Sakura Wars world keeps elbowing its way into my consciousness, and I can almost see what they're going to do when they get into the shop with Li Kohran and get their hands on a kohbu...

-- Bob
---------
Actually, I had the thought of a scene like this:

Skuld stared in confusion as a large man shouldered his way up to her through a crowd. He looked strangely familiar, and carried a spear that just FELT wrong to her.
"Pardon me, good lady," the man said, and bowed floridly. "I hesitate to bother you, but I must ask, are you known as Skuld?"
"Yes?" Skuld replied hesitantly.
The man looked visibly relieved. "Oh, thank the stars! My brother-self will be so pleased."
"Your...brother-self?"
"Yes, your brother, I believe," the man replied smoothly, and then bowed floridly again. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Kristas Twosouls, and I have been asked to watch over you in your travails in these realms."
Lisa tapped Skuld, who looked visibly annoyed, on the shoulder. "What's going on?"
"Stupid overprotective brother is getting his own analogues to harrass me now," Skuld grumped.
Something like that. I doubt GGG would be in an Eternal Champion universe, but you get the idea.--
Yeah, I do. I like it.
Let's conspire on this idea in email.

-- Bob
---------
Well, my email isn't working at the moment, so I'm posting this bit here for you, Bob, and for God-boy.
Just a little something inspired by a comment over
in fanfiction.net that not all technologies are compatible,
but that a few SYNERGIZE.
Ed.
[ggg-armory.txt]
The little goddess tried to hide a pout. "That's not fair."
"No, that's fair. What's NOT fair is what I'll do if Min or
myself catches you trying to satisfy your curiosity behind our
backs, young goddess. So, here's the condition: No judgement."
"Huh?" chorused two voices.
"Just what it sounds like, Skuld. You don't pass judgement.
No 'These were not meant for mortal hands, I MUST confiscate them!'
crap. Period. End of line. If you can't go for that, you don't get
to peek into the toychest. Got that?"
"Why?" complained the goddess.
"Okay, I'll give you a sample. I'll mention ONE weapon, AFTER
you promise you'll take NO action to remove that one weapon from
my hands. We'll limit the contract to that weapon, that one alone.
That _should_ give you the idea why I want the extended promise
for the rest of my arsenal."
Skuld looked the statement over closely. She could see the
potential problems, but also the limitations.
"Okay. One weapon. I give my word that I will not attempt to
take it from your possession, nor will I try to make you forget
that you own it, or any other method of nullifying it or rendering
it useless to you, provided you don't lie to me, and are willing to
be honest about the weapon, how you obtained it, and what it does
and how it functions. Is that fair enough?"
"Good enough." Ed touched a section of the table, which lit up,
displaying a flat keyboard. A few taps later, a wire-frame diagram
appeared, hanging in the air over the table.
"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Genesis Device."
Skuld's face went totally blank, before she dropped into her
chair with a painful sounding thump.
"Dreamers may die, but the Dream is eternal..."
Ed, that is so wrong. Funny, but wrong.
Why does Legion have all those toys, anyway?--
Quote:
Ed, that is so wrong. Funny, but wrong.
Why does Legion have all those toys, anyway?
--
Because I'm a gunsmith, Chris. I collect weapons in real life.
Weapons, weapon designs, methods... my former job is also my hobby.
For that matter, when I buried Momma, I buried her claymore with her. Grandfather was buried with ALL of his blades.
My family's funny that way.
*shrugs*
Ed.
*boggle*
Ed, Some clarification here... Wern't you in the Army?
"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children