Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"With the power of physics, I will defeat you!"
"With the power of physics, I will defeat you!"
The title has essentially all of the content, here - it just occured to me as something to say before someone imparted a large amount of kinetic energy to a baddie, while watching the intro to an episode of Pretty Cure, specifically, the Brainy One in a labcoat doing chem lab experiments and then transformed, triangle-jumping up the girders in a construction area.
Actually, Pretty Cure is perhaps the least annoying pure 'Magical Girl' show I've yet to see, with reasonably good plotting leavened with the occasional completely oddball concept - like a monster of the week that's a possessed vacuum cleaner, and a dark general who looks like David Bowie as the Goblin King but in facepaint. Okay, teah, it is a kid show, but it's a well done, well animated kid show.
Three or four different groups are fansubbing it, but I don't think any of them are past ep11. I'm not sure if it's still airing or not, but the subs are recorded from TV, judging by the presence of a clock display in the upper left corner...
Of course, there is something deeply wrong about a couple of - well, either grade schoolers or young-drawn high schoolers - who always do their chrome-plated-nude transformation sequence holding hands and have a paired final attack called 'Magnificent Screw...'
- CDSometimes a gundam rom rpg snes swigs, but an arpeggio not including a rancor always
unanimously gives lectures to the in disguise barred enclosure!
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows