Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love Hina and the AMG step
Love Hina and the AMG step
okay I was hit by an idea. It might not be a good one but...
okay since the AMG step has already been plotted out as an 'official' step and Bob has been thinking of putting Doug in a world like Love Hina, why not combine the two universes?
since the timeline is almost around the same time period. the times match enough... or has the AMG step already been set in stone?
DW5 is plot-solid, WengFook, from opening to climax to denouement. Changing it now to incorporate a crossover would pretty much set Chris and me back to square one with a blank page in front of us.

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...
Re: Love Hina and the AMG step
well thats good to know! ^_^
dont mind me I am just calling them as I think them up Smile
ooog.. brain locked on love hina. where's my girl, I need to be smothered in bosom.
I totally dig that series, it's like ranma 1/2 with a lot of the stupidity missing[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
it's like ranma 1/2 with a lot of the stupidity missing
And, if you're reading the manga, far more panty shots.
Have you just watched the anime, or have you read the manga? The manga has a unique (as far as I can tell) solution to the "which one was it?" question. (Then again, I haven't seen the two LH movies or LH Again. The anime may well get around to implementing the manga's solution...)

-- Bob
---------
I haven't seen the movies yet, but it's fairly well decided that it doesn't really _matter_ 'who was it', because him and Narusegawa are _obviously_ meant for each other, regardless.
wasn't much real competition when you come right down to it.. rule out the Jr. High girls, rule out wossername (older girl, smokes, runs the madhouse), and you're left with
Naru
dumb-as-a-brick
fox girl
swordl girl
4 is much more manageable than 7, IMNAAHO[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
rule out wossername (older girl, smokes, runs the madhouse),
His aunt, Haruka -- never a candidate.
Quote:
and you're left with
Naru
dumb-as-a-brick
fox girl
swordl girl
Well, I meant by "who is it" the question of who is the promise girl -- and even with the information available at the end of the anime it's trivial to rule out Kitsune ("fox girl") and Motoko ("sword girl"). The only real possibilities are Naru or Mutsumi. (And Mutsumi always struck me as a very smart person with a shield of utter innocence or a very good "please dismiss me as trivial" act... I never thought she was dumb in any way. This is borne out by the fact that she does in fact make it into Tokyo University -- an incredibly difficult intellectual challenge.) Although it's only in the anime that Mutsumi is Keitaro's distant cousin; she's not related to him at all in the manga.

-- Bob
---------
right, right, I was aware of that. My point, aside from the one on the top of my head, was that it doesn't _matter_ who the promise girl is, because of the growing bond of attraction between Keitaro and Naru.
I think it's worth mentioning that I originally typed 'Corwin' and 'Utena' above. I'm going to bed now![Image: kokbanner.jpg]
Someone's clearly been reading recent Eyrie.
As for the bond/attraction, well, the anime's a little light on this, but IMHO, the manga makes it look like it could go either way -- and honestly, I think if the characters were just a little bolder, it could go both ways at once. Mutsumi seems to have a fairly relaxed view of her own sexuality, and Naru seems more troubled by her lack of problem with that than with it itself. Then again, Naru's got her own kinks, not the least of which is an exhibitionist streak -- (again, in the manga) she announces in public late in the story that she enjoys flashing Keitaro and the reactions that elicits from him.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:Then again, Naru's got her own kinks, not the least of which is an exhibitionist streak -- (again, in the manga) she announces in public late in the story that she enjoys flashing Keitaro and the reactions that elicits from him.
she does? O_O I dont remember........
One of the later volumes. I'm at work, so I can't go look it up, but I'll do so when I get home tonight. She pretty much announces in a loud voice that she likes giving him peeks, likes having him fall on her and rip off her clothes by accident, etc. I'll get a volume/chapter/page reference and a quote tonight.

-- Bob
---------
Okay, found it, WengFook:
Manga Volume 14, Chapter 118 "The Promise Girl: Part 2 of 2", page 125. They're standing in front of Hinata house late at night. It's hard to explain what the context is, but they're kinda defying the explicit fear that Naru isn't his promise girl, which had earlier driven her to run from him. He bellows to the sky about how, even with its dysfunctional elements, their relationship is solid, and they're happy -- "I love seeing her naked, even if she beats the crap out of me; just being with her makes me feel like the luckiest man alive. We've been through so much, who cares if she's not my childhood friend? I want to spend my life with her." (paraphrased).
And she returns the sentiment, in the same manner. I quote: "I feel the same way!! His peeking escapades are the high point of my day! It's fun just trying to guess what he'll do next, and getting to beat him up for it makes it all worthwhile! I don't care if I'm not his promise girl! That doesn't change how I feel! I... I can't imagine not being with Keitaro!!"
There are other indications elsewhere in the manga; basically, under that sweet girl facade, Naru has her own little kinks.

-- Bob
---------
the best ones always do. normal is BORING[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
Quote:
DW5 is plot-solid, WengFook, from opening to climax to denouement.
It is? Big Grin
*thinks* Well, okay, I guess it is. It's just all those piddling little details we haven't worked out yet.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Okay, okay. The plot is laid out in broad brushstrokes. The finer details need to be worked out, but we know a) where things start, b) what the conflict is, c) what the resolution is, and d) what the denoument is. We have most of chapter 1 written, pretty solidly, too, in my opinion. And Chris and I have started to hammer out some of the finer level of detail -- although that's been on a bit of a hiatus for a while as I try to finish up DW2 and Chris goes to work on OMB 11.
The "piddling little details" are where all the fun is, though. Hey, Chris, that reminds me... we need to come up with some kind of male-bonding scene for Doug and Paradox. Preferably with lots of humor and embarassment for both characters.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:And she returns the sentiment, in the same manner. I quote: "I feel the same way!! His peeking escapades are the high point of my day! It's fun just trying to guess what he'll do next, and getting to beat him up for it makes it all worthwhile! I don't care if I'm not his promise girl! That doesn't change how I feel! I... I can't imagine not being with Keitaro!!"
*looks up the page.*
.... I never read that line in all my months of having the manga..... I wonder what is worng with me.... Tongue thanks for the reply Bob Smile
No prob, WF!

-- Bob
---------
Male bonding? Does power envy count?
"Man, why can't I get cools powers like that?"--
"Man, why can't I have powers I can leave reliably shut off? And siblings, too?"

Actually, I was thinking of the two of them ambushing Aoshima and beating the crap out of him together.

-- Bob
---------
Beating up, no. That has no style. Clever and humiliating pranks, yes.--
Well, I suppose, if you want to be classy about it.
Before that, though, we'll need a scene where Doug meets Aoshima and gets exactly the right first impression. I could probably ditch that useless little snark at Sayoko I have the the "main" file in favor of that...

-- Bob
---------
Love Hina? Yes! And we can have Doug teaming up with Superturtle ... er, Tamago and helping save its race from exctinction at the hands of Dark Suu and unscrupulous turtle shell collectors.
I'd pay to see that. ;-)
Actually, Suu is the best candidate to end up the designated "little sister" if Doug does indeed go to Love Hina... They have a lot in common, when you think about it...

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Gee, ya think??? *LOL*"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
There is a certain vague resemblance, yes.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.