Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random musing (Macross/Zero/Plus/7 spoilers & spec)
Random musing (Macross/Zero/Plus/7 spoilers & spec)
In M0 2, the UNS eggheads find this huge biomechanical skeleton with eerie matches to the islanders' traditionall religion, yeah? And the preistess chick exhibits supernatural powers through singing. That, and the fact that it's never particularly explained how humans are identical to Zentran/Meltran save for minor little things like skin color, and (well probably - has anyone ever tried?) the ability to be made mecha-sized. The islanders' creatyion myths have the first man coming out of the sea (and some kind of wreckage was shown with Protoculture style markings, distict from zent stuff mainly by being more complex) and the first woman from a 'bird human's blood. What if the skeleton is the corpse of a Protodeviln, or a borged one, whose genetics were mixed with normal, micronized Zentran to try to create a more controllable advancement of the Supervision Army's cloned warriors. This would also help explain the human affinity for anima spiritia powers and a possible explanation for why the Inspection Army gunship that became the Macross originally came this way, if they'd somehow learned of an old experiment of their enmies' and decided to check it out. For that matter, the fall of the Protoculture civilization is dated about the same time as the emergence of Homo Sapienns in the fossil record - the only hanging end then would be why everything else on the planet is related to us too... but then, Eden in Macross Plus has native chickens with horns and coloration similar to a holstien cow, but are described in (translations I've read online of) official literature as 'effectively just like earth chickens' and that bitter fuit tree thingy was compatible too, so maybe that's just how life works in the Macross universe. It wouldn't be any wierder than giant space whales or the whole spiritia thing, and as much as many people dislike them they are official and staying... For my part, I don't see what the problem is, but then even when I was a kid, my favorite cartoon character was Bluegrass from Silverhawks, who used music blasts as his attack and got to fly the team spaceship.
... I have to wonder what Doug would make of the Silverhawks, actually. Since I haven't seen it in years and years its probably not as cool as I remmeber, but I recall one episode that (thoguh I only later realised it) had a blatant reference to doc smith's Lensmen books - a Chickladorian alien who's immune to the badguys' latest plot device raygun that makes ships fall apart or dissappear or something like that. It seems to be another universe of the sort that shows up in US cartoons from time to time, where anyone can survive indefinitely in space, without that whole combination suffocating/freezing/exploding thing.
Back to Macross - (Gah, the AntiElvis in a Valkyrie! Out, foul demon!) back to Macross, I'll just have to wait for the remaining three (as scheduled) episodes of Macross Zero to see if I'm anywhere close to on track with the hypothesis, but it would neatly tie up at least a few things, and the preistess' spiritia powers might be the last vestiges of actual Protoculture era Anima SPiritia training, as used to control and eventually off the protodeviln used in the project.
I think probably I'm rambling a bit (it's still Monday for me...) but I think I managed to cover the points I had in mind.
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Awww
Awww, no one's got anything to say? Not even, "Dude, you're high! lay OFF the pipe, yo?"
- CD