Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the Maybe-Possibly Utena Step
Re: From the Maybe-Possibly Utena Step
Quote:
Such as "Konichi wa Hurricane"?
"Konya wa Hurricane", actually, and no, there's nothing inherently different enough about the BGC world's laws of nature to prevent him from using that song in another world.
Quote:
Well, specifically, I was thinking of "Its the End of the World as we know it (but I feel fine)".... The one that I confused with "We didn't start the Fire" for a flash review of WW History.
Hm. Yeah, I can see how you could confuse the two songs. I never thought of that, but yeah.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:
Well, specifically, I was thinking of "Its the End of the World as we know it (but I feel fine)"....
I actually came up with a Utena-specific use for this: Play it for those who have been shown the End of the World, and it'll snap them out of it...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Huh. I like that. I could use that... My current vague plot maunderings for the RGU step currently have Doug holding off the Peanut Gallery while Utena tries to do the Clan MacLeod thing to Akio, and he could certainly try to shake'em out of any hold he has over them -- if only he knows to try it, though.

-- Bob
---------
> Huh. I like that. I could use that... My current vague plot maunderings for the RGU step
> currently have Doug holding off the Peanut Gallery while Utena tries to do the Clan
> MacLeod thing to Akio, and he could certainly try to shake'em out of any hold he has over
> them -- if only he knows to try it, though.
I assume you have seen the film Barbarella...
Assuming you could find someone who liked someone who had seen the End of the World enough, I had this vision of the use of the 'sex pills' that the Earthlings use, with the hair standing on end effect, and everything. Could shake someone up a bit... ("The most fun you can have with all your clothes on (while touching fingertips).")
Of course, I don't know if that would interfere with the PG Rating that DW currently has! [grin]
(Then, Doug, would need to have got those pills from _somewhere_!)
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Quote:
I assume you have seen the film Barbarella...
A bit more than 20 years ago, but yeah...
Quote:
Assuming you could find someone who liked someone who had seen the End of the World enough, I had this vision of the use of the 'sex pills' that the Earthlings use, with the hair standing on end effect, and everything. Could shake someone up a bit...
To quote Gryphon, "Um.... no."
Sorry, that's just not the kind of thing I had in mind.

-- Bob
---------
Sorry!
Never said it was a _sensible_ or credible suggestion!
I think the heat is melting my brain...
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Don't worry about it.

-- Bob
---------