Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Puff Girls Step?
Power Puff Girls Step?
OK, I know I'm mad...
Two big problems:
1) This is a live franchise.
2) Where would Doug fit in such a universe?
Thoughts?
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
PPG? No...
Doug would probably be thoroughly HORRIFIED at the idea of depending on a trio of six-year-old girls to save the world from so many menaces... it'd be too messy to contemplate.
Re: PPG? No...
> Doug would probably be thoroughly HORRIFIED at the idea of depending on a trio of
> six-year-old girls to save the world from so many menaces... it'd be too messy to
> contemplate.
Yes, but the question is, what would he do about it???
We know there are other superheroes in the PPG world, the PPG just seem to be the locals.
Do you think Doug would try and set up some sort of superhero training establishment.
"Loony X has set up a special training centre for young people with... eXceptional talents!"
[grin]
More seriously, it might be interesting to speculate what he would (could/should) do.
--
Quote:
We know there are other superheroes in the PPG world, the PPG just seem to be the locals.
It might even be a version of the DC universe, as at least one quote I've heard makes it clear that they know of Batman... ("You can't just go out and buy super-powers!" "Oh yeah? Tell that to Batman!")
Quote:
Do you think Doug would try and set up some sort of superhero training establishment.
"Loony X has set up a special training centre for young people with... eXceptional talents!"
[grin]
Maybe I should put this in the Drunkard's Vacation hypothetical series, since running schools for metakids is Shadowwalker's gig...
Quote:
More seriously, it might be interesting to speculate what he would (could/should) do.
I'd have to actually watch more of the show than "Los Dos Mojos" to figure that out.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
> It might even be a version of the DC universe, as at least one quote I've heard makes it
> clear that they know of Batman... ("You can't just go out and buy super-powers!" "Oh
> yeah? Tell that to Batman!")
I don't _think_ so, as those they've shown look more like a caricature (sp?) of Marvel...
Maybe "Batman" comic books exist, but not the hero himself?
> > Do you think Doug would try and set up some sort of superhero training
> > establishment.
> >
> > "Loony X has set up a special training centre for young people with...
> > eXceptional talents!"
>
> Maybe I should put this in the Drunkard's Vacation hypothetical series, since running
> schools for metakids is Shadowwalker's gig...
Could do, but I still think Doug trying to be a Headmaster could be interesting...
> > More seriously, it might be interesting to speculate what he would
> > (could/should) do.
>
> I'd have to actually watch more of the show than "Los Dos Mojos" to figure that out.
Recommended...
They really do subvert the whole superhero genre!
Some of their supervillians are really good as well. Such as, the colourful clown, who gets a tanker of bleach over him (Daredevil ref?), and becomes a mime, with the power to make his surroundings black and white, and silent. Even Bubbles colourful crayons can't help! You might like the music in this one.
Then, there is the off-shore Monster Island, where the big guys come from.
Occassional hints that "Dexters Lab" might be set in the same or a parallel world. Seem to recycle the same superheroes, "Major Glory" (Capt America?) etc.

As you might have guessed, this and the F! thread were an (unsuccessful) attempt to set a couple of hares running to eat some bandwidth while you were away.
They were meant seriously as well! [grin]
--
Quote:
I don't _think_ so, as those they've shown look more like a caricature (sp?) of Marvel...
Maybe "Batman" comic books exist, but not the hero himself?
Quote:
Or maybe it's a fusion world, like the one in the crossover comic books Marvel and DC did in the 80s. (Favorite moments from those... Spiderman asking Wonder Woman if it's too early in their relationship to consider marriage, and Gar "Changeling/Beast Boy" Logan asking Wolverine if they might be related...)
But because Marvel's been so pre-eminent the last 10-20 years or so, what with the X-phenomenon and a lot of recent successful movies, it makes sense that they'd be the target of parody...
Quote:
Could do, but I still think Doug trying to be a Headmaster could b

Dumbledore on crack...
Quote:
Some of their supervillians are really good as well. Such as, the colourful clown, who gets a tanker of bleach over him (Daredevil ref?),
Sounds more like the Joker.
Quote:
Then, there is the off-shore Monster Island, where the big guys come from.
Obvious Toho tribute, there...
Quote:
As you might have guessed, this and the F! thread were an (unsuccessful) attempt to set a couple of hares running to eat some bandwidth while you were away.
They were meant seriously as well! [grin][q/uote]Well, thanks for the effort, even if they didn't go that far. They do get serious consideration, though -- I was actually discussing the Freakazoid suggestion with Helen and Attila (and Peggy, of course!) over dinner at a local Mongolian Barbecue place last ni
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.