Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life
Frozen inside without your touch, without your love
Darling only you are the life among the dead
All of this sight I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
I've got to open my eyes to everything.
Without a thought without a voice without a soul
Don't let me die here there must be something wrong
Bring me to life
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life
-- Evanescence, Bring Me To Life
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
*grin*
Do I detect a .hack step? Now that might be interesting.
Re: *grin*
Nope. Haven't seen any of the ".hack" stuff yet. I was actually thinking of Anthy in Utena.

-- Bob
---------
"Flan on!" -- The battlecry of the Human Dessert
Sounds like a good AMV... I thought I had one like that, but it turns out I was wrong, it being set to "Carry on Dancing" using the AoU movie footage. Absotively beautiful."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Found it. Rosate Nocturne, by Tendo of Shapshifter studios."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Yeah, turns out I have "Roseate Nocturne" in my collection, too (which is where the imagery I got probably came from). So I can scratch that idea off my list of AMVs to create.
It has, however, spawned some truly marvelous ideas for the end of the theoretical RGU Step.

-- Bob
---------
(Edit: added lyrics)
I may have mentioned it before, but there's a very good Utena AMV set to Ian Van Dahl's 'Castles In The Sky' which is also just TOO appropriate.
- CD, Do you ever questuion your life, do you ever wonder why? Do you ever see in your mind, all the catsles in the sky? Oh tell me why, do we build castles in the sky...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Got a URL for that, CD?

-- Bob
---------
Arr, we got URLage.
video information
'Tis groovay.
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Thanks! I'm downloading it even as I type...

-- Bob
---------
Ahhhh, Utena-sama.....
Ok, cool.
But you /should/ see .hack, Bob, especially if you enjoyed Lain and/or play any mmorpg's. It's terribly fun.
Re: Ahhhh, Utena-sama.....
The local Sam Goody is going out of business, and is doing the incremental discount thing. It also has the first four .hack//sign DVDs on its anime rack, which is at 20% off right now. When it hits 30% off, I'll be back to seriously consider buying them (along with about a dozen other disks...)

-- Bob
---------
DVD buying fun
Bob, you might want to check out a website called "deepdiscountdvd.com". Most anime is at at -lease- 25 percent off, some of it even more -- I just ordered all of Oh My Goddess and Gall Force at $12/disc or so.
Re: DVD buying fun
Oh, I know about DDD -- I buy from them all the time. I'm just waiting to see if the local prices drop as far before a big order I'm planning to make.

-- Bob
---------
Re: DVD buying fun
Oh, and DeepDiscountDVD.com doesn't always give the best prices (just usually). I always use MySimon to run a price search before I order anything online. (Don't forget to factor in S&H!)
Just a recommendation for those who haven't tried MySimon.

-- Bob
---------
dvds
Having ordered a few things from them, I have recently turned to: www.meganimedvd.com/ to buy DVDs.
I suspect these are the Hong Kong releases (chinese & english subtitles etc), and the subbing can occasionally get a little wierd but price work out at $9.99 per disc usually and they have a superb range.
Plus I usually get deliveries in about 4 working days, which is pretty damn good for a US company shipping to the UK.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: dvds
Quote:
I suspect these are the Hong Kong releases (chinese & english subtitles etc), and the subbing can occasionally get a little wierd
We own a copy of Sister Princess that is quite obviously a Hong Kong release, and while I can cope, Peggy doesn't ever want to see another HK licensed product again, it disturbed her so greatly. To wit: It would appear that the English sub script was written from the Chinese script by someone with only a partial grasp of English, as the dialogue is strange and stilted, and sometimes makes no sense whatsoever. The character names are all replaced with Chinese ones, and these change with no warning about halfway through the show; in some cases names are simply translated into words ("Karen," for instance, becomes "pity" or some variation about half the time it's used). It's a weird experience indeed.

-- Bob
---------
HK subtitles
Quote:
We own a copy of Sister Princess that is quite obviously a Hong Kong release, and while I can cope, Peggy doesn't ever want to see another HK licensed product again, it disturbed her so greatly. To wit: It would appear that the English sub script was written from the Chinese script by someone with only a partial grasp of English, as the dialogue is strange and stilted, and sometimes makes no sense whatsoever. The character names are all replaced with Chinese ones, and these change with no warning about halfway through the show; in some cases names are simply translated into words ("Karen," for instance, becomes "pity" or some variation about half the time it's used). It's a weird experience indeed.
That seems to be about par for the course. Names are always a problem - in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (JoJo's Wonderful Adventure, according to the subtitles), the main character's name is subtitled as Chotaro - which neatly foils the pun of the title (for those who haven't seen the show, the main characters of the manga were JOnathon JOestar, JOseph JOestar and JOtaro kuJO).
And then there's Legend of the Galactic Heros where 'ship', 'fleet', 'squadron' and 'battalion' are all used interchangably... (shakes head sadly)
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: HK subtitles
Yeah. Like I said, I can deal with it, but Peggy can't. She's even refused to consider buying the complete release of Kodomo no Omocha on DVD that I found at one of those websites. She just doesn't want the headache of trying to figure out what's really going on.

-- Bob
---------
Re: HK Subtitles
Hailing from Singapore, I'm pretty familiar with these grey-market DVD sets. I own quite a few of them, since they're available over-the-counter from a few stores around here. Not hard to find, if you know where to look.
They're a lot /cheaper/ than American DVD releases. In my experience, they can be up to a quarter or third of the price. American anime DVDs aren't usually available through Singaporean retailers anyway.
But the quality, in general, is definitely inferior.
It's pretty hit-and-miss. On one end of the scale, I have a fully bilingual Cowboy Bebop set that's of excellent quality - good subtitles in both English and Chinese, the English dub, and even some extras. My Trigun set's roughly around the same quality too.
On the other hand, I also own a Mobile Fighter G Gundam set that's got somewhat dodgy video quality, especially for DVD...and subtitles ripped directly from fansubs. I know they're fansubs, because it's right in the subtitles. 'THIS IS A FANSUB. NOT FOR SALE'. That, and the URLs and addresses leading to fansub groups, kind of give the game away. =)
Grey market. Definitely grey market. If not outright black.
-- Acyl