Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an Odd thought...
an Odd thought...
Ever consider sending LT into the Dragon ball universe?
Re: an Odd thought...
It's been discussed several times. The simple answer is "no" [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
It's been discussed in another thread in this area, but the general response is "no". First off, I've never seen any of the incarnations of Dragonball, and what little I know about them suggests that Doug would be vastly underpowered.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
While I do agree with the general agreement that if Doug was sent to the 'Dragonball Z' or 'Dragonball GT' world he'd be vastly underpowered by the other main characters, both heroes and villians, but I don't agree that Doug would be too underpowered, if at all underpowered, in the 'Dragonball' world. In the begining of Dragonball, Goku is not crazy strong, or impossibly quick. I'd guess that he was able to lift 200 to 300 pounds, he worked out by lifting 2 feet tall boulders and crushing them between his hands. I'm not sure how fast Goku was in the begining, I'm guessing he could run at 10 to 15 miles per hour. Goku's physical endurance is pretty high though I don't know how to range it since he doesn't get hit a lot in the begining. The good thing about Dragonball is that how strong Goku is is a mute point, if Doug goes there he wouldn't have a reason to be fighting Goku. The first storyline plot is that Bulma is trying to find the dragonballs so she can wish for a man she can date. She meets Goku since he has a dragonball and convinces him to help her find the other dragonballs. If you have Doug fall into this world you could have him join Goku and Bulma in finding the dragonballs so he could go home. If your worried that this would mean the end of Doug's journey too quickly don't worry, a dictator named Emperor Peilof ends up with all the dragonballs and imprisoning the heroes except one who escapes the cell and wishes for the perfect pair of panties before Peilof can make his wish. My real defense for letting Doug be able to go to the Dragonball world is this: If Bulma, a regular, human, teenage girl can not only survive but thrive on the heroes journey, I see no reason why Doug couldn't as well. I suggest you watch the first 10 or 20 episodes of 'Dragonball' and make your own choice about wither to send Doug there or not Bob.
While you may have a point about the initial "Dragonball" universe, the simple fact is I've never been able to get into the show, and I don't have the kind of background knowledge that would let me write there properly. And god knows I have way too many other settings that are singing their sweet siren songs at me, tempting me to expand the Walk beyond my already ambitious plans. (Can we say "Sailor Moon" or "Revolutionary Girl Utena"?) I know it's disappointing, but I don't think I could do DB the justice its fans think it deserves.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I just wanted to make an argument that Doug could go to the Dragonball universe. I'm actually not that big a fan of any of the Dragonball series, every plot seems to just drag on and on and on... sometimes it's hard to even remember why people are even fighting. It's only good for a plot since I'd think Doug would comment on his adventure there since he had a really good chance of wishing himself to his own dimension. Oh yes, and I will never be disappointed because of not seeing a DB(Z)(GT) fanfic, nothing but fighting 24/7 in those stories.
Sleep deprivation, mean bad grammer I make X: Imean [Image: sick.gif]