Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mega-City One
Mega-City One
...would be interesting, I think. For those unfamiliar with it, Mega-City One houses 2 billion or more people, takes up most of the East Coast of what was the United States, and is the beat of one Judge Joseph "Ol' Stoney-Face" Dredd. Superheroes are illegal, falling under the laws against vigilantes, and the UN is defunct. Doug is freaky enough to fit right in with the incredible array of odd groups that fill the city. And dimension hopping is not unknown in Mega-City One. Some of their worst criminals have come from other dimensions.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Re: Mega-City One
My only exposure to Judge Dredd (other than the stuff lifted for the Zardon stuff in UF) was the movie. Yes, I know, you don't have to say anything.
Yet another thing I have to familiarize myself with.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
But...
Doug's -not- a vigilante.
He's a contractor.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Re: But...
According the the laws of Mega-City One, anyone who is not a duly recruited, trained, and appointed Judge may not perform a Judge's duties of law-enforcement, sentencing, and incarceration and/or execution. Any who do are deemed vigilantes and arrested under the appropriate bylaws. Even superheroes.
Truthfully, Doug would probably have an easier time of it dealing with Psi-Judge Anderson. Dredd is the toughest of the tough, the legendary hardass of Mega-City One. As a Psi-Judge, Cassandra Anderson has something of an off-kilter personality. It comes from poking around in other peoples' heads. She's not as looney as LT, but she might get his sense of humor. As opposed to Dredd. They don't call him "Ol' Stoney Face" because he's chipper.
Ebony the Black Dragon
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon

I can just picture Doug channeling Kyuichi Saionji from Roses in Springtime (EPU) - "You don't want to see what's inside my head, Judge Anderson." [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Fun image, that.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:I can just picture Doug channeling Kyuichi Saionji from Roses in Springtime (EPU) - "You don't want to see what's inside my head, Judge Anderson."
Her response would probably be: "I had the spirit of Judge Death in my head for a year, Sangnoir. Spare me the hubris."
Anderson's dealt with undead trying to possess her, psychic assassins from Sov City-2, the Judge Child (a sociopathic Uberpsychic), the Dark Judges, and a city of over 2 billion people, many of whom are just a little crazy. LT's manic nature would be pretty normal. In fact, the fact that Doug's received some rudimentary psychic training would be a welcome respite.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Ebony the Black Dragon

*shrug* Not knowing the original source, I just made a guess... Of course, there's always the possibility that Doug's field might do interesting things here.
Plus, while Doug's not crazy, who knows what his subconscious looks like...
Offsides
P.S. You need to turn on ezCodes for your posts...Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
I can just picture Doug channeling Kyuichi Saionji from Roses in Springtime (EPU) - "You don't want to see what's inside my head, Judge Anderson."

Y'know I can also picture him doing that to everyone's favourite Psycop - No, not that one, the other one - Alfred Bester. If Doug ever makes an appearance at B5 that is.
But it could be used with anyone with telepathic abilities that Doug doesn't want in there and could make mincemeat of his shields.
--Rod.H
"If you think the Judge Dread movie's bad, I've seen it and read the novel adaption. The book was better."
I've been toying seriously with the idea of a B5 Step. I have a snippet of text written with two Psi Cops reporting to Bester about a disastrous encounter with Doug. And I've been thinking about maybe using Information Society's "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)" as a combination scan/attack. And in another thread elsewhere, I've speculated that he and Garibaldi would get along well, but he'd cause Susan (and a lot of other folks) headaches... Oh, yeah, that was the "outKoshing Kosh" thread...

-- Bob
---------
::: Ding ding ding!!! ::: I think we have a wienner here.

If you have that wiener now, you will go hungry at Ka-zha-Dhum....
"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
If you have that wiener now, you will go hungry at Ka-zha-Dhum....

Either that or be forced to eat Dwarven waybread... (Kazadum is a Dwarf settlement in LOTR; Z'ha'dum is what I think you mean. )

-- Bob
---------
Urk.... to many funky names rolling about in my head then. [Image: eek.gif] "I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
Urk.... to many funky names rolling about in my head then.
Well, that's not too surprising given that JMS was a Tolkein Fan of some sort - after all, look at the similarity of names, as well as what happens to one of the major characters who goes there...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large