Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borribles
Borribles
For those of you who were following the minidiscussion of a possible Step set in the world of Michael de Larrabeiti's Borribles books (see "Self-Cross?" over in Future Steps), I've come up with a plot, which I'm going to be polishing a little and then sending to my prereaders. But I just need to crow a little about it. Imagine...
The SBG on the march. Corrupt officials who want their dirty laundry kept hidden. The heroes of the Great Rumble Hunt reunited once more. A UN resolution. Amnesty International. The Wendle tunnels under seige. A desperate race against both time and and a team of assassins.
I've probably said too much, but damn. If this weren't a fanfic, it would make a great summer blockbuster movie...

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Borribles
At this point I'm guessing you're planning this as a "pure" Borribles cross. It probably works better that way... but I'm still stuck on the concept of "City Beyond the Gate Hot 200X Remix". [Image: tongue.gif] Ah well.
--Sam Ashley
"I think I ran over a ninja back there."
Re: Borribles
Well, yeah, I just started rereading my old paperbacks (and I just ordered the one-volume collection from Amazon.co.uk -- it should reach me next week, I think). City was fun to write, and even more fun to play -- did I mention that I created that adventure for my original Narth campaign at Princeton, circa 1983? (Remind me some time to tell the story of how I recruited three friends who had read The Borribles to roleplay three of the Rumble Hunters -- and how the session turned into the first live action roleplaying game I ever saw.) But I can't see the "D&D" side of it being anything more than maybe a "cameo" kind of thing -- I'd certainly want to mention it, but I can't see it really being a big part of the plot.
Meanwhile, I've been doing the usual thing -- listening to various music compilations in the car while thinking about story ideas, and I came up with such a cool scene: Doug striding through the ranks of the SBG, playing "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, as the Woollies collapse screaming and weeping under the impact of the Song of Nightmares...
Dunno if that will make it into the final version of the story, but the imagery I was getting was so cool...

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.