Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cetegandan Toons
Cetegandan Toons
Having recently read the latest installment of the adventures of Miles, I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if Doug popped up in the middle of some kind of diplomatic incident involving the Cetegandans.... or Jackson's Hole for that matter... I can just imagine the drool _lakes_ formed at the prospect of getting some DNA that may allow superpowers...
I'd thought about suggesting Honor Harrington, too, but Doug would be next to useless in a space naval engaement...
-Z
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programms, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Pioneer
Oh, I don't know about that, put on the Tenchi Muyo song again and he could go out and do some damage... Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Doctor Who
How about doing a Step to the Whoniverse,say when the Doctor was still exiled on Earth?How well would the Third Doctor and Doug get along,I wonder?
Re: Pioneer
For only 3 minutes a day? Besides, the way that space combat is handled in Weber's books, he'd probably be skewered by a laser purely by accident...-Z
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programms, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Re: Cetegandan Toons
You'll have to give me some more information; I don't even know what series you're referring to here. Sorry.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Doctor Who
Someone's already mentioned this in another thread. Doug, the Doctor and U.N.I.T. might be rather fun...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
You'll have to give me some more information; I don't even know what series you're referring to here. Sorry.
I'm guessing that they're referring to Lois McMaster Bujold's series of Miles Vorkosigan books.
--Rod.H
Ah. Yeah, I missed that "Miles" up there; that would probably have clued me in.
It's been a long time since I read any Vorkosigan stuff; I think it might have been novellettes in Analog in the 80s...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
It's been a long time since I read any Vorkosigan stuff;
For proper reference, find Ceteganda in the local library of your choice...
Basically, they're all about gengineering the perfect human for the benefit of the ruling class... Jackson's Hole is all about gengineering for fun and profit...-Z
----
----