Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Area of effect
Area of effect
All this talk about "within the song's area of effect" got me to thinking... when the power doesn't just give Doug some gnifty new power, just what _is_ the area of effect?
If you can hear it, then you're within it?
100'?
10' + 10'/mana point?
Something else?
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Re: Area of effect
IIRC, his area of effect is limited to approximately a 35m radius sphere.
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Re: Area of effect
Quote:
IIRC, his area of effect is limited to approximately a 35m radius sphere.
Pretty close; it's more like 33 meters. The actual distance was the result of a messy little formula that I came up with when I created him, which was a function of his Intelligence and Endurance scores -- I can get the exact formula when I go home tonight (as I've finally found all my misplaced character reference sheets). It expresses the distance in multiples of five feet, since the game system uses a square grid with a 1"=5' scaling for combat and whatnot. At his current attribute levels, it works out to a radius of 110 feet, which is approximately 33 meters. Since they're UN employees and based in Europe, Doug and the Warriors use the metric system, so for the purposes of the narrative I simply rounded that to 33 meters and left it at that.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.