Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hospital Care - snippetstagger
Hospital Care - snippetstagger
Quote: "Douglas Q. Sangnoir, Colonel, United Nations Metahuman

Peacekeeping Force Warriors Alpha. My serial number is...

12."
"Twelve?" The nervous young man in OD Green mouthed, behind the moustachioed man currently holding a stethoscope to various portions of my upper anatomy.
"Well, Mr. Twelve, you happen to be in one of the finest O.R.s in Korea, and while we can't technically _require_ you to give more than name, rank, and serial number, we are kinda curious."
"Ahhh, curious about what?" I said, stalling for time while my brain spooled up from unconsciousness.
"Well, where you came from, and what you were running from, and Rizzo kinda wants to know why there's 'some unholy crossbreed of a jet engine and a hamster wheel' in your motorcycle."
I closed my eyes, considering the difference between the questions asked and the compassionate tone.
"But right now, I'm just concerned about how you're feeling. I'm B.J. Hunnicut. Who are you when you're not at home?"Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Nice. I'm still hoping to do a M*A*S*H steplet someday -- just to watch Doug and Hawkeye play off each other, or just as good, Doug and Charles...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.