Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fanfiction Snippet in a Different Universe(Path of the Fury)
A Fanfiction Snippet in a Different Universe(Path of the Fury)
Alicia Devries looked at the prisoner in the leather jumpsuit with the LT patch. He had apparently awoken according to the guard she'd set here. She'd
been trying to scan him for days but every scan indicated anomalous results. Sometimes he wasn't even there at all according to the instruments. Her hands
had an interesting time trying to pull of his gloves, or his armor or his helmet trying to touch bare skin for telepathy. It kept evading her as distance was
apparently arbitrary to his armor.

Tisiphone kept babbling something about the mark of the Stormsdaughter who was rumored to have died over aeons ago. The Stormsdaughter was apparently a
goddess. The gods were apparently not as dead as Tisiphone believed.

Megarea's technological scans had not been much help. She was even blind to the prisoner's presence at first until Alecto recalibrated her sensors. Now
she saw a rabbit where Alicia had seen an armored sentient.

When Doug woke up, he noted the sight of iron bars, and four stone walls. The jailors had oddly left him his helmet and his armor and had only taken his
motorcycle.

The alert beeped and Alicia came to see her 'guest'.

Doug just dropped into magesight to gather as much information as he could out of his apparent jailor and surroundings.

"You're the Three. " Doug blurted as he saw the three separate triple helixes encapsulated in one body.

Alicia and Megarea inquired at the same time.

Doug had kneeled while this conversation was going on.

"Forgive me, Holy Ones for my invading this your sanctuary. "Doug hoped it was a sanctuary and not the afterlife of the Three. He hadn't gotten
killed gating through had he?" "With your leave I will gather my belongings and depart, and upon my soul I swear that I shall disturb you no further.
"

Alicia Devries raised her eyebrows.

Alicia DeVries is from Path of the Fury by David Webber, for those not up to date on the character, or those who confuse her with a Star Trek fan character.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

A book well worth reading on its own, as is the recently-released expanded edition.... (covers Alley's career as an Imperial Marine, before she got into
Trouble...)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Interesting...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

The title of the expanded version is "In Fury Born', for those who are interested.

Oh, and Foxboy? only 1 'b' in 'Weber'. [Image: glasses.gif]

For those following along at home, 'The Three' in this case are the classical Greek Furies...

(spoilers in white)

Tisiphone: The actual classical Greek Fury, apparently the only survivor of her kind. Psychically
linked to:

Alecto: Alicia DeVries, Imperial Marine. Cybernetically augmented power-armor trooper. Experienced,
decorated hero, generally all-around badass. One of the villains of the book was heard to say that if he'd known she'd be present, he would've just
glassed the city from orbit instead of sending troops down.

And also to:

Megeara: A new-design super-starship of the type called Alpha Synth, primarily
'crewed' by the self-named A.I. and directed by (as designed, at least) a cybernetically-linked pilot. One crewer, a ship the size of a frigate, with
even better speed and the firepower and defenses of a battleship.

The Three make quite the effective team...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Re:A Fanfiction Snippet in a Different Universe(Path of the Fury)
Something I wanted to share:

Tisiphone - being of fire and passion - Urd

Megarea - thinker of ice and steel - Skuld

Alicia DeVries - patient and methodical - Belldandy

EDIT: I was more considering a cyber-augmented Belldandy in power armor and other juxtapositions.

Well, remember that (in the DW cosmology, at least) the Furies, and the Norns, and the Wiccan Goddess, and all the other Triune goddess sets are all
expressions of the Three...
-- Bob
---------

How does the Shin'a'in Goddess from Valdemar-world fit in? She's a Four, not a Three.

[Image: smile.gif]
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

If you want to really get creeped out, picture the three in the old World of Darkness:

The Wyld (source of all things) seems to be a non-functional schizophrenic.

The Weaver (measurer of all things) is an obsessive compulsive control freak.

The Wyrm (ender of all things) has multiple personalities; each of which is psychotically insane in a different manner.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Quote:How does the Shin'a'in Goddess from Valdemar-world fit in? She's a Four, not a Three.
Part of the answer to that has already been given in DW5. The rest of that answer will also be given in DW5.
Quote:If you want to really get creeped out, picture the three in the old World of Darkness:
Remember that any given set of expressions are a mere subset of the Being(s) whom they express. Like Khalid and Belldandy both being aspects of The Mother, yet being rather... different from each other.
-- Bob
---------