Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anime Music Videos
Re: AMV's -- way too much fun
Quote:
two that I will always save. One I don't know the title of, it's Ah My Goddess footage to 'Heaven is a Place on Earth'.
The other... Carol of the Battousai.
Oh, I'd love to get my hands on those... they sound great.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: AMV's -- way too much fun
Quote:
Okay, since no one has flat out said no to this I'll post it. It's why I gave fair warning of the size before hand.
Yow. That is huge. More after-work reading for me...
Quote:
Oh and if this is too large or whatever vape it, I won't be offended.
Don't worry about it. If there are size limits to the forums, I haven't learned about them yet.

-- Bob
---------
AMVs
I have just found one of the most painful AMVs to yet be unleashed... contemplate, if you dare, the song 'Barbie Girl' by Aqua... and the video used is from... Transformers! Worse yet, the bot singing most of the 'Barbie' lines is -MEGATRON-! My brain, it hurts... (wanring for our *nix audience, the vid is available in Windows Meida formta only as of this posting... you might have gotten off lucky there)
-={(Astynax)}=-
BTW, Bob, an AMV forum just might be a good idea, depends on how muchb of a topic Nazi you want to be.
Re: AMVs
*Twitch Twitch twitch*
Actually, depending on which version of Megatron/Galvatron it might almost make sense... cause, like there were some versions that were like totaly wacko, ya know?"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
AMV Forum
You know, I don't see a reason why not to have a forum for AMVs here. I'll give it a go. If the traffic dies after a few weeks, I'll nuke it. No harm, no foul.

-- Bob
---------
Carol of the Battousai
norway wrote:
Quote:
The other... Carol of the Battousai.
Where did you find it, Norway? I couldnt' find it over at AMV.ORG"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

NO QUARTER!!!
Carol of the Battousai
I forget exactly, it was at the maker's website. I'll see if I can find a place to share them around if folks want to snag a download, I'm on cable so it's not too hard. If nothing else I can set up an FTP account on my linux box.
Re: Carol of the Battousai
Quote:
Where did you find it, Norway? I couldnt' find it over at AMV.ORG
Try again; I didn't have any trouble.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Re: Carol of the Battousai
aha. For some reason Local files don't show up as downloadable for me.
"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

NO QUARTER!!!
AMV.org
Star Ranger: Are you a registered member, donation paid and everything? They require a token cash donation (put towards paying for bandwidth) if you want to download from local files.
Re: AMV.org
Nope. I'm so broke I can't even pay attention... which makes for some interesting coverstations, ya know?"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

NO QUARTER!!!
Fun fun fun, in the sun sun sun
Hm, well, the minimum is, I think, $3 per calendar quarter, so it's pretty much the difference between a burger anda PB&J... unless you eat at Burger King, what with the $3 triple-cheeseburger-combo promotion they're running... and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of cool AMV's... now if only I could remember my login...
Erm, I differ to beg
Wait, that isn't right... anyway, I never -had- to pay to get vids. Yeah, they stop tossing up those really annoying donation screens, but you can download just fine for free after registering (though you have to wait like a week or two after you register).
-={(Astynax)}=-
Re: Erm, I differ to beg
Quote:
but you can download just fine for free after registering
Confirmed -- I have a registered account at amv.org, but have not given them any money, and I can still download local files when forced to.

-- Bob
---------
Da MAN song
Yes, it is confirmed. there IS and AMV using Ranma 1/2 set to the Man Song. It won the Crowd Favorite at Nan Desu Kan in 2001.
[Image: alien.gif]
Re: Da MAN song
2 weeks after you register, actually.
Finally got to see Phade's "Material Girl", featuring, of course, Nabiki"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

NO QUARTER!!!
P, you're the second person to confirm the existence of the Man Song video for me. Thanks, I think we've established that it really exists.
Now if only I could get my hands on a copy!

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Finally got to see Phade's "Material Girl", featuring, of course, Nabiki
Oh, yeah, it took me forever to get a copy of that, last winter. Nice little video, clever enough. Not a pinnacle of the art, but no slouch, either.

-- Bob
---------
AMV.org
Yeah, they'll take you without donations, I'd forgotten that. I donated 'cause I wanted to get in and start downloading Right Away. [Image: smile.gif] [Image: tongue.gif]
DA MAN SONG
Hmm, I've heard of a site that I think is animemusicvideos.com
They might have it. Although you've probably already checked there. You might be able to contact the lady who runs the contest directly, she may still have a copy. Jeph might be able to get you that info.
Re: DA MAN SONG
Quote:
Hmm, I've heard of a site that I think is animemusicvideos.com
There is indeed something there, but the page I get has a pile of SQL errors and a login box seeded with "anonymous" for the ID. Is it possible that you're thinking of animemusicvideos.org?

-- Bob
---------
Re: DA MAN SONG
And after replying to that, I realized that I had not yet searched amv.org for the "Man Song" video. Guess what? It's there. I'm DL'ing it right now. Thanks, PRRCYVAL.

-- Bob
---------
that song again
glad I could help.
Trying to find an AMV
I have exhausted all of my other resources. I am having immense difficulty locating a particular AMV and I hope that the combined might of the Otaku on this forum might be of assistance.
It was a Card Captor Sakura Parody shown at Otakon 2003. It was set to an completely undecipherable metal song with subtitles that made Sakura out to be a drug dealer, and the yellow magical mascot she has to be her pimp. I cant remember either the name of the video or the song. Any help pointing me to either a site or even if someone can recall the name of the video it would be appreciated.
Re: Trying to find an AMV
That's one I'm not familiar with. Can anyone else out there help?

-- Bob
---------