Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rubyeye Videos
Rubyeye Videos
Rubyeye Pictures
Anybody seen any of these? He produces some WONDERFUL videos. I especially recommend the Bastard!! video set to Kamelot - Karma. Wonderfully done video. The others are all excellent as well, but Dark Legacy(I think that's the title) has to be my favorite.
The Threshold - Phenomenon video to Princess Nine is his latest, and is superb as well.
Adding: That's an...interesting picture at the top of his bio. o.o
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Re: Rubyeye Videos
"Karma" is an old favorite, so I'm downloading that video right now. Never heard of him before this, so thanks for the link, Poe!

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...
Incidentally, Karma was a song I was going to suggest for DW. But, I am stumped as to what sort of power it might confer upon Doug.
At any rate. If you have trouble with those, I am pretty sure I can supply them. Most of them, anyway, I'll have to see which ones I have on cd.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Quote:
"Karma" is an old favorite, so I'm downloading that video right now. Never heard of him before this, so thanks for the link, Poe!
More than that, -I've- run across his stuff before, specifically in my first exposure to both Nightwish and Mobile Suit Gundam in general and the 8th MS Team in particular. Cool!
Blessed be.
-n
(*opens link and eyes fall out*)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
(*opens link and eyes fall out*)
Yeah, that pic is a little... extreme, ainnit?

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Incidentally, Karma was a song I was going to suggest for DW. But, I am stumped as to what sort of power it might confer upon Doug.
I wasn't considering it so much as a power song as a theme song, actually -- before I checked the lyrics and realized I was mishearing them (as "I am the king of all Earth" ), I was thinking of using it as the theme song for the Sailor Moon Step.
While we're on the topic, a while back I posted the lyrics for their song "Center of the Universe" (from the "Epica" CD) as a SOTD, and noted that it was the song for the point in Sailor Moon where Usagi is running pell-mell across the snows alone toward the gateway to the Dark Kingdom. One of these days, I want to make a video of that.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Yeah, that pic is a little... extreme, ainnit?
h_h That's one word for it, I guess.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
While we're on the topic, a while back I posted the lyrics for their song "Center of the Universe" (from the "Epica" CD) as a SOTD, and noted that it was the song for the point in Sailor Moon where Usagi is running pell-mell across the snows alone toward the gateway to the Dark Kingdom. One of these days, I want to make a video of that.

I don't think I've heard that one, actually. *goes to find the lyrics*
Quote:
I don't think I've heard that one, actually. *goes to find the lyrics*
If you haven't done it already, you can get it as an MP3 from their website. It was only partly the lyrics which inspired me; the actual orchestration directly inspired several images, particularly a rapid passage that I felt perfectly parallelled the shots of Usagi running across the snow.

-- Bob
---------
*listening to it now* Hm. Definitely on to something with that idea, Bob. Just from listening to it, I can see how it would fit. The slow part would fit perfectly with the scene where she's sitting there by herself right after she's all alone.
Exactly. And the "stings" at the beginning and in the middle -- the "Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!" kind of thing the orchestration does -- I saw just hard, flat shots of the bodies of the senshi in the ice, one on each sting. Hell of a way to start a video, huh?

-- Bob
---------
Ouch. Yes. Definitely an attention getter, that is. o.o You are a twisted thinker, Bob. I like it. [Image: smile.gif]
Thankyew.
Oh, and I checked out the video just now. Good stuff.

-- Bob
---------
Glad you liked. It was one of those, where you had to wonder how he managed to make it look so good when there's only six episodes of Bastard!! and thus, not a lot of footage to draw from.
It's not that hard -- I mean, mine six hours of footage for five minutes of video? The worst part is looking over everything and deciding what you need.

-- Bob
---------
Granted, but I've always been of the understanding that the more you have to work with, the better. And Bastard!! only has(I think) 3 hours worth of footage total. I could very well be wrong though. Have not watched it in some time.
Re: Bastard!
Neither have I; I'm probably misremembering its length.

-- Bob
---------