Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You want Pointless Chatter?
You want Pointless Chatter?
Pointless chatter you -get-!
Anyway, this is driving me crazy, folks so here's the only clue I've got - Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to identify the Cowboy Bebop AMV that used a second or so of looped footage to make it look like Faye was tapping her fingers in time with the music.
I -think- it was an instrumental, but I won't swear by that.
Sorry, that's all I remember.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Re: You want Pointless Chatter?
Your right... That IS pointless, except for possibly preserving your sanity.
:p"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Hm. I thought it might be DJ Fritz' "Beboppin'", but I just went back and watched it and there's nothing like that in it. Lots of toe-tapping, and he's looped Faye swinging her butt to the music, but no tapping of the fingers anywhere.
I've got a few other Cowboy Bebop videos; I'll have to check them out sometime today and see if one is the one you're thinking of.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:
Lots of toe-tapping, and he's looped Faye swinging her butt to the music, but no tapping of the fingers anywhere.
Hmmm... Worth checking out even if it's not what I'm looking for. h_h
===========

Next time you're by we'll burn you a copy, 'kay?

-- Bob
---------
AMV's are pointless chatter?
Are you sure it's an AMV at the Bebop movies got Faye doing exactly what you looking for.
--Rod.H
Currently listening to: James Bond Theme (Oakenfold mix)
Re: AMV's are pointless chatter?
Quote:
Are you sure it's an AMV at the Bebop movies got Faye doing exactly what you looking for.
Yep, I'm sure - I've never seen the movie. Oh, and something I probably should've mentioned - she wasn't tapping on a table, but rather on her ship's, um, handlebar things.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

Quote:
Yep, I'm sure - I've never seen the movie. Oh, and something I probably should've mentioned - she wasn't tapping on a table, but rather on her ship's, um, handlebar things.
That's pretty much what she's doing around the start of the movie. So I've found the source for ya, but not the other usage.
Damn there's some funny AMV's out there, an EVA-2 fight set to the 'Black Knight's' speech is a gooden.
--Rod.H
Quote:
Damn there's some funny AMV's out there, an EVA-2 fight set to the 'Black Knight's' speech is a gooden.
There are lot of very funny AMVs, and I have a few favorites. If I were home I could just cut'n'paste a list from my videos directory... but just to name a few:
"Right Now Someone Is Reading This Sentence" -- multiple series, to Van Halen's "Right Now" and a nice parody of the song's original video: "Right Now Priss is considering a solo career"; "Right Now Ryoga is on his eighth world tour"...
"Evangelion: Episode I" -- Synchs Evangelion footage to one of the commercials for Star Wars: Episode I.
"Jinnai and the Bugrom: Live" -- the first lip-synched AMV I ever saw. Katsuhiko Jinnai from El-Hazard sings a nonsense song recorded by a Swedish group with a Spanish name, while the Bugrom sing backup.
"Utena Tenjou: Jedi Knight" -- One of a series of AMVs which put anime footage over the sound track for various Star Wars: Episode II commercials.
Similarly, there is an MIB II commercial which was overlaid with footage from The Big O. Imagine Roger Smith with Wil Smith's voice; now imagine R. Dorothy Wayneright voiced by Tommy Lee Jones.
That's enough for now. When I get home I'll dump my entire directory listing to a file, annotate it, and post it.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Right Now Someone Is Reading This Sentence" -- multiple series, to Van Halen's "Right Now" and a nice parody of the song's original video: "Right Now Priss is considering a solo career"; "Right Now Ryoga is on his eighth world tour"...
"Evangelion: Episode I" -- Synchs Evangelion footage to one of the commercials for Star Wars: Episode I.
Those are two of my favorite AMVs, in fact the 'Right Now' AMV was what introduced me to van Halen of which I am now a fan. Others on my HD include:
Anime Lord of the Rings (a Fellowship of the Ring trailer: Kurillin as Frodo, Master Roshi as Gandalf, other scenes from Escaflowne, Princess Mononoke, Legend of Lodoss War...)
Dragonball X (X-Men trailer done with Dragonball Z scenes)
Evangeli-horn (The Last Unicorn using scenes from End of Evangelion)
Excelmaniacs (Excel Saga to the opening of Pinky and the Brain)
Gladiator (trailer from the film to scenes from Evangelion)
Gunsmith, PI (Gunsmith Cats to the opening music of Magnum PI)
Killer Rabbit & Holy Handgrenade - the Monty Python skits set to scenes from Bastard!!!
The K Team (A-Team opening with scenes from Bubblegum Crisis 2033)
Thesis of a Cruel Gundam (G-Gundam to the Evangelion Opening)
A pair of AMVs based on the same Matrix Trailer: 'Utena the Movie' and CGI'd SouthPark (the latter isn't strictly an AMV but it's cool anyway)
Ranmaman (spiderman trailer to scenes from Ranma 1/2)
Tenth Man Down, by Nightwish, to scenes from Gundam: 08th Mobile Suit Team
Which Gundam Pilot is Gay? (truely surreal yaoi AMV to the infamous 'Which Backstreet Boy is Gay'
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: AMVs
I'm starting up a new thread, since we've moved away from the original topic or lack thereof...

-- Bob
---------