Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magical Cannon Girls, and other miscellany
Magical Cannon Girls, and other miscellany
So, finding out there's an(unsurprising) Nanoha fandom here, I figured I'd post a couple of these I found that're rather good.
Interlude ("Lesbians? What lesbians?") [S1/A's/StrikerS]
Tough Enough (A little excessive on the picture in picture, but otherwise decent. Beware 25 seconds of Naruto at the beginning in the "artist signature") [StrikerS]
Just Communication (Yes, that song's probably EXACTLY what you think it is) [StrikerS]
Ignition (Far less likely to be recognized, but the editing's rather well done) [A's]
Unfortunately, an absolutely priceless Vivio one from StrikerS was removed by the user, so as recompense, I'll drop off a few more from my personal favorites list.
99 Red Balloons (Robotech/Macross)
It's All Over But The Crying (BGC 2032)
Cabaret (Slayers)
Demonheart (Slayers)
She Goes Boom (Slayers)
Transformers (Gnarls Barkley)
In My Arms Again (Ah My Goddess OVAs)
Sisters In Arms (Tenchi Muyo)
I've got a few more, but I'd hardly want to absolutely spam this full of them. My Youtube Favorites list is basically one massive AMV list for 90% of it. :lol
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Mm. Mixed bag. I definitely liked "Interlude", "Cabaret" and "She Goes Boom". The others I could take or leave. Stilll, thanks
for the links! If I don't see what other people like, I may never find new stuff that I like.

Oh, and "Tough Enough" has already been removed from YouTube for "copyright violations".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

"In My Arms Again" also led me to a match-up of scenes from the OMG movie with a DJ Mystic remix of Celine Dion's "To Love You More."
And whatever you think about Ms. Dion, I think this one, at least, turned out to be a gorgeous combination.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote: DHBirr wrote:

"In My Arms Again" also led me to a match-up of scenes from the OMG movie with a DJ Mystic remix of Celine Dion's "To Love You More."
And whatever you think about Ms. Dion, I think this one, at least, turned out to be a gorgeous combination.

The movie certainly does have the potential for some good movies. I'm partial to something by Within Temptation myself. Admittedly, the quality is the result of quantity. This is I think the third
incarnation of the video by the same AMV maker. [Image: laugh.gif]

An amusing note, however, that I've found is that while there's no shortage of dramatic Utena AMVs out there, the intentionally humorous ones tend
to be more enjoyable. I blame the rather off-kilter humor that the series indulged in. It makes it so easy. So does the (not fan made) intro to the Sega Saturn Utena video game.

And then you have stuff that's just plain silly.

Quote: Oh, and "Tough Enough" has already been removed from YouTube for "copyright violations".

Ah. Maybe it's because someone who actually owned it posted it here,
maybe. I dunno. Youtube's policies are absolute nightmares to sort out. Tongue
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

The only Nanoha video I've seen and really
liked.

And how can you guys stand watching AMVs on youtube? Not only is the quality bad, but a lot of the time, the video is mis-credited/blatantly stolen...
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

Oh, I have a file of downloaded AMVs for the better quality. It's just significantly harder to browse for new ones due to the efficiency of
"download/watch", etc. Plus the "related videos" function has gotten me a few hits that I'd never have seen otherwise.

It's not my primary viewing choice, but for the casual "what's there today?" browsing, YouTube and Veoh are pretty good for that. I like to
think of it as those appetizer sampling platters they serve at certain restaraunts. I may or may not like roasted avocados, so I'd rather try it small
before ordering the whole thing.
---
waste."

I see where you're coming from, but I thought this group was for recommending the good AMVs (and announcing the forum's regulars' own AMVs) - the sort that folks think we would want to download...

Not trying to pick a fight, just asking for the "download" links when they're available.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

*Searches out his account page*
Thankfully, AMV.org keeps track of everything I've downloaded, so that's easier than it should be:
Tra-la-la Song (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
My Own True Love (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
It's All Over But The Crying (Bubblegum Crisis)
In My Arms Again (Ah My Goddess OVAs)
Animus [Within Temptation] (Ah My Goddess: The Movie )
What Makes A Man (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Professor Tomoe, The Science Guy (Sailor Moon S)
Cabaret (Slayers)
Demonheart (Slayers)
She Goes Boom (Slayers)
Sisters In Arms (Tenchi Muyo [Every Continuity EVAR])
And a few others that were sitting in that list that I forgot I had:
Project Akio: Hey Pretty (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
SHELLSHOCK (Gundam 08th MS Team)
Be A Man (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Through the Fire and Flames (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Slayers)
Anything else was put up to download somewhere else, or just posted direct to YouTube(yes, I know. People DO that. O_O)
---
waste."

Thanks!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012