Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should have asked first...
Should have asked first...
Any body have a problem with Inspector Gadget, his niece Penny, and her dog Brains, as NPC Fen?
Re: Should have asked first...
I can't see why not... as long as they get the Fenspace "spin". (No built-in weapons, slightly-exaggerated personality traits, etc.)
Feel free to ignore the rest of this post, or loot it for ideas.
Hmmmmm... If I was doing this, I'd make Penny the major character of the trio. She could be a genius child, but that's boring. Making her a biomodded adult who wanted to become younger, and overdid it, is far more interesting from a storytelling point of view. At least, I think it is. ("I need a drink. I can't wait until I'm old enough to drink again...")
Brains could be a biomodded dog who got human-level intelligence, but no way to communicate it. (Or he could be a person who wanted to be just like John Candy's character from Spaceballs, but went way too far with the biomod - but that could be seen as tragic, which doesn't fit the setting.)
Gadget... that depends. If it's after mid-2008, then Noah'd be selling off some robots that didn't wake up when he tried handwaving them, and a few of those would be male and tall enough - you'd just have to change the robot's appearance a bit and install the gadgets. If it's before mid-2008, then you'd have to make your own. At any time, The Professor might have built a Gadget just to see whether he could.
(And there's a female "Detective Gadget" character in the anime Nerima Daikon Brothers - if you wanted to give Gadget a romantic subplot, just assume somebody in Fenspace built her.)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Should have asked first...
At the time I met Penny I didn't know that she was a 'modded adult.
There are two Gadget Mobiles.
One is a Converitable Cadillac with what looks like an eight foot diameter Jet engine on top. It has an unnamed AI and only two Speeds stop and go. It also has at least two manipulator arms.
The other looks like modified Honda Civic and a set of plates that are registered with Interpol.