Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Submitted for approval...
Submitted for approval...
Well, it took me a bit, but I finally got done.
Name: SEV Pegasus
Created by Edward Dunkel
Registry Number: SEV 0001
Base Hull: Medea Transport Plane (Mobile Suit Gundam Referance)
Drive Type: Acceleration rated .05c / Emergency .1c
Owner of Record: Captain Drenivian
Flag of Record: Independant
Purpose: Transport and Space Repair Vessel
Launched: April 10, 2009
Crew: Captain Drenivian
Rio Onboard AI
Extra Stuff
Two EVA Suits (Shaped like the RX-78 and the R-1 Mobile Suits.) Small Wavium growth compartment.
Known Vehicle Quirks
Faster than she looks the Pegasus is faster than she looks, and she mounts a pair of emergency "wavedrive boosters for when Drenivian REALLY needs to get somewhere.
Stronger than she looks The frame of the Pegasus was Re-Inforced before the Wavium was applied to give the frame the added strength. Drenivian didnt want what happened to a Medea in the Mobile Suit Gundam series to happen to his.
Power Eater: The Emergency boosters eat the avaiable power and if left active for over 5 minutes, completely de-powers the craft. Rio maintains a lock on the panel except in what she decides is an emergency.
Ohhh. We Like: Members of the Gearheads faction have been known to hire the Pegasus just to get a look at it. Drenivian has promised to present it as a gift to a few members when his new ship is complete.
Known Crew Quirks
We Care: The Crew of the Pegasus listens to all emergency calls in space, and will respond to those that are close.
We Fixit: The crew of the Pegasus are interglactic fixit people and will fix most people's craft for a price.
Kinda, but no: The Crew is sympathetic to the Gearheads, Banzai Institute, and Crystal Millenum factions, but claims none as their own.

Faction: None
Homeport: Claims none.
Current Location: Landed at Grover's Corners
Trivia:
The SEV Pegasus was constructed in a Plane Graveyard.
Captain Drenivian spends half of his time EVA in the RX-78 suit gaining confidence in his EVA actions.
Captain Drenivian wears one of the EVA suits when piloting so that he can get used to the feel of them in gravity. Hes always thinking of ways of getting himself out of danger.
EVA Suits
Frame: Suit 1 - RX-78
Suit 2 R-1
Construction: Made to fit Drenivian. Suits where molded into the shape of both suits.
Donning Like BGC Hardsuits
Propulsion: Both suits have thrusters on the feet, backpack, and shoulders. They allow decient movement in space, and short hops in gravity.
Info: The backpacks contain Communications and Computer gear to allow communications with the Pegasus.
Defences: The Shells can take repeated hits with small space debris or maybe a bullet shot or two, but thats pushing the Structual Integrity, but never stops Drenivian from wearing most of the RX-78 EVA suit at business meetings.
Optional Equipment: A wide variety of Tools developed for space use. And a few Power Tools coated with wavium.
and one coilgun, with caseing to look like a beamrifle, two wavium treated swords, and a shield treated with 'wavium.
Trivia:
Drenivian is attempting to modify the R-1 EVA suit so that Rio is able to do more than be a backseat driver when hes EVA.
------------------
Character Info
Captian Drenivian and Rio, the Pegasuss AI
Captian Drenivian
Appearance:
Weight: 247
Height: 5"11
Clothes:

Notable Mundane Attributes:
EVA Experience Drenivian has extensive experience in Extra Vehicular Missions, mostly transport between two Fencraft.
Atmospheric Piloting Drenivian is an experienced pilot in Atmosphere.
Biomod
Newtype Drenivian is able to interface with radar and radio equipment with open Wi-Fi connections. Interferance gives Drenivian a headache and his radio can be called. His Radio connection is usually interfaced to the Planes Radio for the switchboard. (This was grown by prolonged exposure to the Wavium fumes during construction of the Pegasus.)
'Wavium Abilites:
Crafts Love Me: When using Handwavium to fix things, the strength of the fixed area enhanced a bit.
Quirks
Gamer Drenivian loves to take the time and learn Card/Video/Pen and Paper/Online games.
I need quiet! Drenivian prefers to have a space where he can be alone and quiet. This is how he relaxes after a hard days work.
Universal Best Friend Drenivian seems to be the Galactic Equivalent of a therapist, even though he has no training what so ever. People always seem to be able to open up to him, even after just a few minutes of meeting him.
Robotic Tinkerer Drenivian uses small amounts of Wavium in experiments to create a robotic shell. (His usual targets are the EVA suits, to make them more like BGC hardsuits, hes had little success)
General Description
Drenivian is a traveling handyman, who plies his trade throughout the inner planets. His craft, the Pegasus, is his personal workboat, while he designs his next craft, which will take the shape of the White Base class from Mobile Suit Gundam, which will enable him to service and transport more people throughout the plannets, and be a tender ship for the Star League.
Rio, the Pegasuss AI
Notable Mundane Attributes
Piloting Rio can pilot the SEV Pegasus independently while Drenivian is doing other things.
Accomplished Programmer Being completely a computer AI, Rio is an accomplished Computer Programmer.
Wavium Abilities
None
Quirks
Fiery Temper Rio is easily angered for an AI. When angered she loves to spam people with the most annoying music possible. This is also an effective tactic that Drenivian makes use of.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
our glory will prevail

Re: Submitted for approval...
*googles up the aircraft design*
Wow. That's... one mindbendingly *ugly* airframe. One has difficulty concieving why anybody would *want* a Medea, let alone attract adoring gearheads.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Mostly a few questions.
- If it's an accel drive, it's rated in Gs, not percentages of c. If you want percentages of c, it's a speed drive.
- Trying to figure out the downside on your biomod. Is it that interference causes him headaches regardless (ie, he can't turn it off?) If so, be warned that there are a small but significant number of appliances that cause interference (microwaves, mostly.)
- how do you justify the "fixit makes it stronger" effect? (It's not overpowered or a problem or anything, I just don't quite grok the explanation on the science side, unless your character is actually secreting specialized handwavium that does it for you or something. That would work, but it would have... implications.)
- How close *is* your gear to the genre vehicles? Vague resemblance is easy. "Enter it in a cosplay competition" takes time, effort, money, and applicable skills (or just enough money to pay for someone else's applicable skills) but is still quite doable. Doing well in said competition will, of course, cost more. "the resemblance is uncanny" starts racking up a serious pricetag, in either money or time. Doing this for ships is the same but moreso.
- Wouldn't the suits be pretty clumsy for piloting in?
- I'll let someone else cover the actual speed issue, except to say that 5 minutes is an *awfully* short time for flight - particularly since most of the things you'd want to escape have an indefinate max speed of .1 and won't get shaken.
- Coilguns specifically were kinda supposed to be Hidden Asteroid's big secret. (Does anyone even care about this anymore?) In any case, this is not to say that you can't or shouldn't have a ranged weapon for your suit.
- Wavium treatment on swords and shields at default just makes them extra tough. Was that what you were intending, or were you looking for something more specific?
Fnord, its more the fact that he actually went out and built the thing out of spare parts. He didn't do it for the sake of anything but that it made a great spaceworthy garage. And gearheads liking it. I figured since it was a built to image plane theyed just love it.
Sirrocco, point by point
1. ok, my fault for writing the wrong thing. It should be speed.
2. Yeah, he can't turn it off, so he leaves it connected to things he knows. The heavier the interference in an area of space, the more foultempered he gets.
3. That was kinda up in the air for me anyway. I'm more than willing to drop that. I just figured that he could nudge the way the wavium hardended on the repair that it would be slightly stronger. like adding a thin second layer over something, not much, but kinda noticeable.
4. Its mostly the exterior. I've got it written that he did build it in a plane graveyard so he only kept to the image design. interior is his living/working space.
5. Normal piloting, no. Fancy flying, yes, but he does route his biomod through the suit when he flys so he can ignore everything else. He does take it off for atmospheric flights. He really just likes the added protection in space.
6. another thing I just kinda thew in there. I really figured it would be used more for getting out of comets and rogue space debris. Hence another reason he wears his suit most of the time, the AI has controll of that system.
7. Well, I can go one of two ways with that. either, A.) It was given to him as payment for a quick fix on a craft. or B.) Scrap it.
8. Just extra tough, thats all I was going for. Nothing fancy at all.
Fancy would be the eva suits if he ever got them the way he wanted them, but that is a long way away.
And yes, he is working out the design of the White Base, he just needed more money to get it started. I figure He'll start it a few months after the con and use it as support for the new group the SOS-dan is suggesting, for a nominal fee ofcourse, parts don't come cheap.
Edward.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
our glory will prevail

our glory will prevail