Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blackaeronaut - about your character
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character
Well, I'd personally figure that if you took "always on" (and *not* taking that would take some doing, really), "Punch of a Thousand Flying Wires" and "Mind of its own" you'd be well within tolerances even without delicate skin/damage self/whatever. It's not a weapon any more, because the real effects it would have would be partial armoring and movement (you voluntarily, or other people involuntarily.) The whole thing about having a Large Ugly Arm is a bizarreness (Serious issue in Danespace, but essentially a nonissue in fenspace) and the random lechery (particularly if you *Really* wanted to run the slapstick and not have him necessarily notice when it did - until someone brought it to his attention) is a serious social disadvantage.
But that wasn't what I wanted to write about.
What I mostly wanted to write about is that slapstick is *not* obligatory. It can certainly be funny, and if you want to run with it, then by all means do so. It fits into the world just fine. It's not *required*, though, by any means. Seeing as how the thought that it was may well have come from stuff that I had been saying earlier, I wanted to make that clear.
Incidentally, if you *do* want to go with the slapstick... well... given the already-mentioned "bishonen good looks" and his tendency to be dashing (particularly if you took the "wind in hair" as a random occasional side effect (perhaps controlled by whatever lecherous semiintelligence takes over the arm from time to time)) - well, you might wind up having to deal with girls who didn't *mind* that you were being a little aggressive - and of course, those would be exactly the girls your character would be most desperately trying to avoid. It could go so *many* unfortunate ways.
Also, given that set of disads, it would be reasonable to give the arm a bit of extra strength if you wanted to - anything up to "regularly pumps iron" levels would be fine.
EDIT: Incidentally, I suspect that (assuming lechery) your character would soon develop a habit of keeping more than arms length from any females - or at least trying to. If he is in arms length and knows it, he may well be willing to accept a bit of distraction to maintain positive control over the arm. I suspect that these coping strategies might make it a bit easier to run the edits on the scene with KJ.
OTHER EDIT: Having read scene: Is a good scene. It *is* worth noting that killing Boskonians is not necessarily trivial in this universe. Any chance I could convince you to write that encounter up? Also, am curious as to what sort of weaponry you were talking about. Weapons in Fenspace are significant enough to be described (not necessarily in a bar chat, mind, but *somewhere*). Also the point about neko claws is that the weapon effect is incidental to the point of the mod - in this case, being like a cat - and the primary utility - most forms of cat claws give more utility for things like climbing than for things like fighting. Likewise, given a basic handwave effect of "strong tough(?) arm that moves things" - well, it can be quite helpful in combat, sure, but its primary utility is elsewhere (having a whole lot of knockback, for example, is somewhat useful for winning fights, if you know how to use it right. It is *very* useful for getting *out* of fights with even the most elementary grasp of tactics.)

Messages In This Thread
blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by CattyNebulart - 01-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by CattyNebulart - 01-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by KJ - 01-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by The Hunterminator - 01-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by KJ - 01-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-11-2007, 03:52 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-14-2007, 08:42 AM