Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who knows Haruhi best?
Who knows Haruhi best?
Strange and simple question. Haruhi and the rest of the SOS-dan are all clearly NPCs - but from time to time, people are going to have to write them as characters in more than paragraph length. Mr Fnord has already put up the suggestion that the person tagged for this duty should be whoever knows Haruhi best, and this certainly seems reasonable. So... who's out there that is both interested in writing the required bits of Haruhi-focus and reasonably knowledgeable on the topic? Anyone?
Re: Who knows Haruhi best?
I think people should avoid direct interaction with Haruhi. If we're using the "Haruhi as god" metaphor as anything more than that, then she shouldn't get screen time. Interactions with her should always be off-camera, and talked about (in a creatively expository fashion) after the fact. This lends mystique, keeps people interested, makes it seem like interaction with Haruhi are somehow too important to simply write out.
Just my opinion.
"Not this again!" Minerva said. "Albus, it was You-Know-Who, not you, who marked Harry as his equal. There is no possible way that the prophecy could be talking about you!" - Harry Potter and the Method of Rationality, Chapter 84
I can try to write haruni, but I don't think I'll do her justice. I did see the anime and am reading the novels so I do know the background. Still I think someone else would be more qualified.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Maybe Killjoy, I know he's pretty into it. [Image: tongue.gif]
We may be avoiding direct interaction with Haruhi, but somebody has to write her speech at the Convention's closing ceremonies...
(Me? No - I know of Haruhi, but that's about it.)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Well, good luck to who ever writes that. I'm having a fun time, re-writing my entry (that Laws of the Handwave thread has given me good boundrys.) and making a whole BESM world for my Off D&D night game. And I've only seen the series once. Any of the other characters I could write deciently, I think.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Okay...
Right. No one really standing up to the plate. Second question, then. Is there anyone out there who would be bothered if Haruhi's characterization was significantly OOC/AU? If we don't have anyone who knows how to writer her well who's interested, than getting someone to do it just because it's got to be done means that it pretty much *will* be an OOC/AU characterization.
Note that standing up and demanding good, semicanonical characterization in this case pretty much counts as volunteering to write for her, or at least to help edit whoever does.
Oh thanks B... [Image: wink.gif]
Actually, I'm game, at least for the announcements and whatnot, though I agree for the most part that she should be off-camera.
Well KJ since you volunteered is there a way to contact you?
I can be reached on AIM at CattyNebulart and on MSN by cattynebulart@yahoo.com, I can also be reached at some other mesenger services, but those require me finding my passwords again.
I need some help for what Haruni does after he Professors intro speech.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
I'm mekilljoydammit on AIM, killjoy_tseng@yahoo.com for MSN. Pretty much in that order of preference. Busy for the next day or so but still should be online.
... y'know, between this and the occasional need for people to do collaborative stuffle, might be worth it to have a "contact information" thread.
Beware of spambots? Or is that not so much of an issue here/anymore?