Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modification to Current Entry
Modification to Current Entry
Hello, all! Had some ideas that I wanted to run by concerning Benjamin's ship, the Magnificent Midnight. I felt that since Handwaviumized items
can be influenced with music, then why not the Midnight as well? So, here's an additional entry I'd like to add to the ship's quirks...

Musically Inclined: While not necessary to her regular functions, the Magnificent Midnight does gain minor, if quirky, enhancements from
certain songs (Benjamin blames the collected works of Drunkard's Walk he was reading at the time of her 'waving [Image: wink.gif] ). Here is a listing of
known enhancement-producing songs and their effects:

Quote: The Beatles - Blackbird

As odd as it may seem, Midnight remembers her time as an ordinary SR-71 Blackbird (if you could call such an existence ordinary) and her time as an
'ornament' at Kelly AFB was very bad for her. When Ben plays this song for her, her mood always brightens and efficiency levels pick up at least ten
percent. This effect lasts all day if done as a 'wake-up' song, a quirk similar to the space-shuttle type wave-craft.

Depeche Mode - Photographic

This song reminds Midnight her original purpose as a high-speed reconaisance craft and, when outside The Limit, enables her to perform
deep-space photography with stunning clarity and resolution while in FTL mode. If played inside The Limit then she just starts taking snap-shots of whatever
the heck she likes (imagine a kid controlling a spy-satelite - "I see you!").

System of a Down - Chop Suey

To sum it up in two words: Suicidal Tendencies. When played, Midnight goes on a berserker rage and will ignore any battle-damage short of a
major system failure. Benjamin, of course, doesn't play this song except in the most dire circumstances.
So let me know what you guys think. Additional suggestions are welcome.

A modular quirk... interesting. And (as Bob's proven with Doug) not unbalancing. I'm okay with it...
Quote:Additional suggestions are welcome.

The Who - Goin' Mobile

Makes Midnight even more maneuverable than usual, and more comfortable for Benjamin ("I'm an air-conditioned gypsy"), as long as she's moving faster than half her rated speed. On the flip side, no official calls - from OGJ, Space Patrol, faction leaders, local air traffic control, allied forces in the current "furball", etc. - can reach her at all. ("Watch the police and the taxman miss me")
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Thanks, Rob!  I'm gonna have to listen to that one.  Here's another I thought of...
The Red hot Chili Peppers - Slow Cheeta
Makes Midnight move at a funeral dirge pace, literally. Also causes her to be more introspective and reflective in her thoughts. Usually only used for performing said somber duty.