Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Bob...
Hey, Bob...
You've mentioned that the Grover's Corners folks include a few hobbyist brewers. Do any of them brew http://www.tomsmithonline.com/lyrics/307_ale.htm]this stuff?

(It would, of course, require handwavium to brew successfully.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh, I know that song well. We've even kicked about some tongue-in-cheek recipes for it, real-world side. Given the amount of handwavium in the environment
inside the GC, it might be possible to produce a beer that has liquor-levels of alcohol in it, but I doubt we can actually match the great 307.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Given that its been established that some people have made Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters with handwaved equipment (even if in some places you need weapons
licenses to supply it), I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn up.

... You know, this is exactly the sort of nonsense that I can see one of Ben's brothers getting into, perhaps with the help of one of the elder (probably
adult by then) NASA-Fen. Complete with equipment-deranging brew that melts the test tubes you put it in. ^_^

Gina: "I tried it once. Just one shot. I thought it was ridiculous to have a shot of beer, but I learned better that day. That one shot alone got me
completely wasted."

Benjamin: "Don't look at me. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid."

Jess: "I tried it. I figured that if one of my bodies got hammered then it would be okay. It wasn't. It effected my entire collective conscious!"

*eyes this thread on handwavium and brewing*

*eyes Klatchian coffee and Expresso handwavium*

*grins evilly* Mug of Klatchian coffee, one or two drops of Expresso, some sugar, and a shot of some outrageously-potent handwavium-brewed Irish whiskey. Top
it off with whipped heavy cream.

For all of you Callahan's Fen out there, I give you...God's Blessing (or Gods' Blessing, for those of us who're polytheists. Smile )

Quote:Given that its been established that some people have made Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters with handwaved equipment (even if in some places you need weapons licenses to supply it), I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn up.
Point taken. I suspect then that Fenspace!Scott at least is working on a recipe (if it hasn't already been created by 2012), if not the rest of us on the GC.
-- Bob
---------

Feinan Wrote:*eyes this thread on handwavium and brewing*
*grins evilly* Mug of Klatchian coffee, one or two drops of Expresso, some sugar, and a shot of some outrageously-potent handwavium-brewed Irish whiskey. Top it off with whipped heavy cream.
For all of you Callahan's Fen out there, I give you...God's Blessing (or Gods' Blessing, for those of us who're polytheists. Smile )

Well, Adonis has already produced Fire Whiskey so it's not TOO much of a stretch for him to produce something a bit stronger. Although for safeties sake A.C. might insist he put the equipment in a reinforced, shock-reducing room like the ones Eddie tests weapons in. Or she'll indulge Eddie's desire to go asteroid catching and pull a small one into position nearby for the still to be based on.

Quote:Or she'll indulge Eddie's desire to go asteroid catching and pull a small one into position nearby for the still to be based on.
The way Noah did for Kohran back in early 2009?

Every Mad needs her (or his) own private asteroid lab. Preferably with a moat around it, and a secret escape pod so that Igor can escape when the locals tie torches and pitchforks to the front bumpers of their 'waved cars and storm the place...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh no no no no no. Not for my guys. You know what really sets Roughriders apart from everyone else out there?
They do crazy shit without really thinking about it.

And you know what? The Wave likes it, abides by it, and even nudges things into the green zone a bit - just enough so the results are hilarious and not deadly.
Example: when the still blows up in their faces, everyone's going to be imbedded into the walls, sooty, bruised, yet not seriously harmed... and the slapstick factor is going to be so far up there that you cannot help but laugh.
ETA:
Quote:Feinan wrote:

*eyes this thread on handwavium and brewing*
*grins evilly* Mug of Klatchian coffee, one or two drops of Expresso, some sugar, and a shot of some outrageously-potent handwavium-brewed Irish whiskey. Top it off with whipped heavy cream.
For all of you Callahan's Fen out there, I give you...God's Blessing (or Gods' Blessing, for those of us who're polytheists. [Image: banana-dance.gif] )
Feinan, Benjamin, Gina, Jess, and many others at 36 Atalante have been converted to worshiping the Writer of the Divine Code and Weilder of the Divine Hammer, Skuld the Ravenhaired, following the inavasion of the extradimensional travelers in their world (This only further drives the Sammy's on 36 Atalante against the pro-Haruhi sub-faction).  ^_^  Thus, they would call this delightful beverage 'Urd's Blessing.' Wink

There are several amateur brewers among the Blue Blazers, which produce brews of varying qualities. Since an amateur brewer can leave a batch fermenting in the
back of his transport for a few weeks before racking it, it's a low maintenance hobby that allows them to hop down to Earth, buy the supplies, throw it
together, throw it in the back of the Bus (or whatever vehicle that group might travel in) and forget it about it for a month or two before pulling it out and
bottling it. WW1 often transports pre-racked carboys or post-racked packs of bottles as it goes, leading to the distribution of the beer among the Blue Blazers
and their allies.

One of the two folks responsible for running the American headquarters of the Institute, Sensei by nomme du guerre, is a Scotch fiend. Sensei does a decent
side business arranging the delivery of high-quality single malts to various locations in Fenspace. Sensei is always welcome at parties and conventions,
because he brings the Good Stuff, which always includes several bottles of Glenmorangie and Talliskers 18-year. (Yes, this man exists, and he makes con parties
better.)

Several diehard fans of Buckaroo have attempted to make kumis, due to the assertion in Earl Mac Rauch's novelization of the movie (i.e., "The
Book") that Buckaroo drinks it from time to time. Kumis, being made from fermented mare's milk, is difficult to acquire, given the lack of land for
livestock in the Fenspace, so most of these adventurous souls order it online, getting it from Turkey. Reviews among Blue Blazers are mixed as to the taste.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Quote:Kumis, being made from fermented mare's milk, is difficult to acquire, given the lack of land for livestock in the Fenspace
Okay, now the GC has another export product.
-- Bob
---------