Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[story] With this station-ring...

Quote:Maico Tange gets exclusive rights to cover the ceremony live, in order to keep paparazzi out; this will be enforced by Tachikomas.
Hell, it'll be enforced by the GC folks -- signs posted at the airlocks will read "Trespassers are not welcome, will be assumed to be Boskonians, and treated accordingly."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote: robkelk wrote:

After-dinner live music by the Hong Kong Cavaliers

First set: The stuff that it would be impolite to play while Noah and Leda are in the room (including "Since I Don't Have You"), while
they're off getting changed from their formal outfits to more-casual clothes.

Middle sets: Music that the happy couple can dance to (including "And I Love Her", the first dance).

Final set: The hokey all-request party after the newlyweds have left for their honeymoon (including "Hava Nagila", "Paradise by the Dashboard
Lights", and "Fly Me to the Moon")

And the special Wedding Edition of the Stellvia Dance Competition and John Travolta Lookalike Contest. Better known as the Cavaliers' version
of "You Never Can Tell" by Chuck Berry.

Should the party go late enough, there will a brief interlude while the Cavaliers change out of their suits, and then an After-Party Jam at the Stellvia
offices of the Banzai Institute. Attendants are encouraged to bring their own booze, instruments, and songs.

And who knows what else might happen...?

Ninjas, of course!
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

OK, as a note, anyone, and I mean anyone who wants to send gifts to the happy couple, yet isn't able to make it for some reason or another, and is
verifiably NOT a Boskonian, Jupiter Mining Corporation is going to do a special run, pro bono, of anything to be delivered. Just make sure the package gets to
their nominal headquarters at Serenity Valley before Starbug 1 has to depart, and it will be handled.

In other words, Jeph does plan on attending the wedding. Smile
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Fireworks displays by Eddie (one for The Kiss, one for them leaving).

(And just because A.C.'s paranoid, a fully loaded Krikkit Flight (six Ax-man U.C.A.V.E.D.I. in total) is stationed on Luna during the festivities "Just in case.")

Quote:And who knows what else might happen...?

Ninjas, of course!
Actually, Karasukage Solkin "and guest" will be getting an invitation to the ceremony. ("We have to invite him. It's political.")

Which leads to the guest list...

Scott/Swansen Wedding Guest List
(partial, subject to change as I think of more folks)

All invitations include "and guest" if the person's significant other is not known to Noah and Leda; otherwise, it's addressed to both of them.

The Folks Actually Wanted In Attendance By The Happy Couple
(who get invited to the reception, too)

everyone in the wedding party (see above)
the families of the bride and groom
Buckaroo (by telepresence)
The Hong Kong Cavaliers (with a contract to play at the reception, after dinner)
the folks of Grover's Corners
Katz Schrödinger
KJ
"B" Oorebeek
Dee (by telepresence, one assumes)
Kat and Zib Stewart
Wiregeek
Hermes (by telepresence)
The Jason
Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos, and Fate (by telepresence)
Chris Marsden
Jon Helscher
Joseph Corcoran
the crew of Prometheus Forge
Benjamin Rhodes and Gina Langley
Jeph Antilles
Maico Tange (with a contract to cover the wedding)
Winry Rockbell
Star (by telepresence)
Shizuka Hayama
Miyuri Akisato
Takami Sakuragi
Kagome Mishima
Don Anthony Esposito
Vulpine Fury (by telepresence?)

The "Gotta Invite Them Because It's Political" Invitees
(We haven't named very many important NPCs yet, have we? I'm declaring a naming party - name an NPC on this list who doesn't yet have a name. One NPC name per person until everyone's had a chance to play, please. I've started by naming the Foglio-Fen rep...)

___ (Trekkies)
Grand Admiral Solo (Warsies)
___, The Councilor for Cooperation (Potterites)
___ (Fivers)
___ (Browncoats)
Queen Serenity (Senshi)
Eternal Senshi Hayakawa (Sammies)
Prime Mover Tarvek (Foglios)
Wave Convoy (Gearheads - asked to attend by telepresence)
General Huray (Supers - SHIELD)
Warlord ___ (Pulpers - Barsoomians)
___ (Pulpers - Lensmen)
___ (Pirates)
Karasukage Solkin (Ninja)
Supreme Commander Suzumiya (OGJ)
Commissioner Russell (Space Patrol)
Nikodemus Riddle (Hermes Universal Deliveries)
Eric Zhu (the Island)
Oliver Towne (Nikaido Foundation)
___, Consul to Fenspace from Australia
___, Consul to Fenspace from New Zealand
Col. Caldwell, USAF (TSAB)
Capt. Dodge, USN
"Mr. Morden"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: Cobalt Greywalker wrote:

(And just because A.C.'s paranoid, a fully loaded Krikkit Flight (six Ax-man U.C.A.V.E.D.I. in total) is stationed on Luna during the festivities
"Just in case.")

To say nothing of the collection of Blue Blazers that will be circulating the party and carrying concealed. No Rugsuckers, but a lot of very able and aware
eyes and ears in the crowds and on the staff.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Quote: Ebony wrote:

(And just because A.C.'s paranoid, a fully loaded Krikkit Flight (six Ax-man U.C.A.V.E.D.I. in total) is stationed on Luna during the festivities
"Just in case.")

To say nothing of the collection of Blue Blazers that will be circulating the party and carrying concealed. No Rugsuckers, but a lot of very able and aware

*Snert* That place is a veritable ARMY of highly powerful Fen. I pity anybody who crashes that party. If he gets to them first Benjamin will pound them with
his Shell Bullet, Gina will thrash them within an inch of their lives with her super-human strength, and then, just because she's sadistic like that, turn
them over to AC for an evening of physical and psychological torture.

As for names of NPC Fen... I don't know what faction they'd belong to, but I love the idea of having a Captain Biff Buzzby and a Spaceman Spiff
around. If anything else they could be Roughriders.

Constance "Sheila" Walker, Consul from Australia to Fenspace. Mid 40s, looks like either a 23-year-old bikini model or surfing instructor, she was in fact one of the first 'Dane patients to be treated by emergency biomod, gaining a minor youthening and the metabolism to let her eat what she wants and not gain an ounce. Was originally a minor functionary for Brisbane's chamber of commerce, and was one of the early voices of reason in regards to "AIEEE! WAVE TECH = TERRORISTS!" She picked up her nickname when some rambunctious ex-pat American Fen were joking around at a dinner after a council meeting with Paul Hogan and Steve Irwin impressions interspersed with Monty Python quotes. Essentially, when she walked into a room, everyone went "G'day, Sheila!" simultaneously. It became a running gag at the various meetings, and when her fellow Aussies joined in, she was stuck with it.

Vulpine Fury will attend in person, dressed relatively soberly in a black suit with a "death of Superman" armband, as he is still mourning the loss of Karen Sorrell in some of the last fighting of OGJ. He is accompanied by his first and only successful android, R. Lime El-Zhe [Think Saber Marionette J's Lime], who is concerned because "Daddy's been sad since Mommy died."

The gift VF and Lime give will be tasteful, appropriate, and have SOME humor to it. [I'm drawing a blank, as VF knows the couple WAY better than I do Wink]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

Quote: Ebony wrote:

"Just in case.")

*Snert* That place is a veritable ARMY of highly powerful Fen. I pity anybody who crashes that party. If he gets to them first Benjamin will pound them with
his Shell Bullet, Gina will thrash them within an inch of their lives with her super-human strength, and then, just because she's sadistic like that,
turn them over to AC for an evening of physical and psychological torture.

As for names of NPC Fen... I don't know what faction they'd belong to, but I love the idea of having a Captain Biff Buzzby and a Spaceman Spiff
around. If anything else they could be Roughriders.
Yes, but as I've said before, the Blazers are everywhere. Imagine a group of Boskonians planning something and not getting past buying the
gear, because the Blazer behind the desk tells them that it's out of stock. So they go without it or pay more for it, and then they get to their vehicle
and find that it's been towed/sabotaged/covered in Cheez Whiz (some Blazers aren't as subtle as others). So they get other transport, and they get to
the wedding and try to sneak in with their stolen/forged invitations. And Blazers lift their guns, lock them in broom closets, isolate them from their allies,
and/or get them turned around and take them out the other entrance, into the arms of security.

Blazers only go in hard when there's no other choice. Most of the time, they coordinate and share information to the point of acting almost precognitive,
and act proactively. It's what makes them dangerous.
Ebony the Black Dragon

There ARE a lot of Very Important Fen there, so security will have to be tight. Hence the Krikkit Flight as backup.

O.K., back to the Name Game.

Admiral Derek Paris - Starfleet Director of Operations and as guest Federation Senator Carol Markus - Secretary of Development. Or the other way round.

Quote:Yes, but as I've said before, the Blazers are everywhere. Imagine a group of Boskonians planning something and not getting past buying the gear, because the Blazer behind the desk tells them that it's out of stock. So they go without it or pay more for it, and then they get to their vehicle and find that it's been towed/sabotaged/covered in Cheez Whiz (some Blazers aren't as subtle as others). So they get other transport, and they get to the wedding and try to sneak in with their stolen/forged invitations. And Blazers lift their guns, lock them in broom closets, isolate them from their allies, and/or get them turned around and take them out the other entrance, into the arms of security.
And if they somehow manage to get past all that, then they have to deal with one of the ushers. They'd better pray they get seated by Jake Hansen - if they meet A.C. Peters or Mal Fnord on the way in, they'd probably end up wishing they were stopped by the BBI...
--
Rob Kelk

Silly thought:

"How did I end up as leader of the Fivers?"

"Well it sort of grew out of everyone thinking B.5 was the Fiver headquarters. You're the head of our company."

"Only because the rest of you voted me in while I was in the washroom!"

"You should have gone before the meeting started. Anyways, people started figuring that if B.5 is the Fiver HQ, then Point Five's boss must be the
Fiver boss."

*Insert sound of head-desking* 8P

Additional NPCs:

Colonel Caldwell and Major McConnell from the TSAB.

Deputy Director Thomas Mayfield, Special Intelligence Service - As the senior member of MI 6 in charge of the Extraordinary Events Agency, Mr.
Mayfield takes pride in his "hands on" approach to monitoring the activities of the Fen and how it affects the United Kingdom and its interests. It
helps keep the Yanks from getting an upper hand. His invitation was delivered by John Steed, who he knows from school (which school is, predictably,
classified, but it's a fair guess that it wasn't Cambridge). He attends the wedding as a representative of Her Majesty's Government and presents a
set of Wedgwood china and Waterford crystal, engraved with the Stellvia logo, as the Agency's (and correspondingly, the Queen's) gift to the
couple.
Ebony the Black Dragon

NICE.

Hrmmmmm.... Benjamin's gift to the happily wedded couple... A pair of his special Wave-Focus ion drives, as seen on the Magnificent Midnight. While it may not provide the same kind of insane levels of speed/acceleration, Ben's pretty sure that it'll put some pep back into the step of the Epsilon Blade. Oh, and since people have been known to get headaches just looking at the guts of one of those things, free engine maintenance. Forever.

What about the Bachelor party?

and Don't for get the Bridal Shower.

I have this Idea for a Rock/J-pop Band called The Cat Girl Reaver Assault Tribe.

Quote:What about the Bachelor party?
What about the bachelor party?

Okay, okay... It's usually the job of the Best Man to plan the bachelor party, but Yayoi's not a guy. That leaves it up to the ushers. I'm sure that
Cobalt and RL_Mal can come up with something appropriate here. Or, if not appropriate, at least amusing.
Quote:and Don't for get the Bridal Shower.
That's something for Kohran to plan. I suppose I get to write that one, don't I? Well... whatever happens, it's going to be a blast!
--
Rob Kelk

Captain Dodge and his XO will be *glad* to attend the wedding.

{EDIT to correct} Their wedding gift: A complete sixteen-place-setting set of formal china and silverware from the first-class dining salon of the Titanic.

The Starship Titanic, that is...

I hope this Titanic has sufficient lifepods in case of emergency.

Quote:Captain Dodge and his XO will be *glad* to attend the wedding.
I'm sure Yayoi will be happy that her girlfriend's superiors will be in attendance. That's almost as good as meeting the parents, right?

(I have mentioned Ens. Ginny Kittredge, RN, USN, haven't I? Ah, yes - http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/rep ... eply-43711]here she is. Nobody seems to know where I pinched her name from, though... or, at least, nobody's commented.)
Quote:I hope this Titanic has sufficient lifepods in case of emergency.
Don't know - I never played http://www.starshiptitanic.com/]the game...
--
Rob Kelk

I've read the book. There wasn't so much an issue with lifepods. Imagine if you built a massive, ultra luxurious star-liner staffed by all kinds of
droids. Now imagine that sometime after all the major work was done and the furnishing and fitting had begun someone took some major budget cuts. Yeah.

The Ensign's name sounds vaguely familiar, but I haven't been able to place it. Thought it might have been the original Operation: Petticoat, but I was wrong.

Actually, I had been thinking of the original Titanic.

Quote:The Ensign's name sounds vaguely familiar, but I haven't been able to place it. Thought it might have been the original Operation: Petticoat, but I was wrong.
I will admit to cheating a bit - I'm using the character's family name and a dimunitive of the actress' given name. (Using the same cheat, she works with Leigh Appleby, RN, USN.) Another hint: 1955.
--
Rob Kelk

o.0 Okaayyy. So she's definitely a 'Scure...

Does she also or at one point work with Lizzy Standish, also RN, USN?

(I can play along with the Gag.)
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Quote:Does she also or at one point work with Lizzy Standish, also RN, USN?
Why, yes, she does!

(I suppose we should let the others in on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048092/]the reference...)
--
Rob Kelk