Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And then I realized...
And then I realized...
... I'm a pirate, I'm 'allowed to plunder entire cities.

It took us two weeks to get from the 'Cloud (thats the Oort Cloud by the way) to Venus. Most of the time was spent Organizing, and crunching numbers
for the Inward Jump. The rest of it was just a salvage operation on a scale no one had ever done before. We did however send a two day warning to Venus
Orbital Traffic Control that we were coming in on an inward pounce. Still I think that we surprized nearly every body when The Kzinretti, with nearly 500
other transports in its wake, unfolded into Venus orbit over the former location of Crystal Osaka, and dropped over thirty thousand Reaver class Cybernetic
Catgirls into the lower Atmosphere lift the remains of the city into orbit.

---

Somewhere over the fallen city of Crystal Osaka...

"-- Nyaa -- Attention Venus Orbital,

-- Nyaa -- This is the Kzinretti, Flagship of the Catgirl Assault Tribe.

-- Nyaa -- We are here to take the remains of Crystal Osaka.

-- Nyaa -- Please Keep all other craft to minimum safe distance.

-- Nyaa -- Operation "On Ur planet Eating Ur City" begins
now.

-- Nyaa -- Sounding Goldfish Warning

We move like cagey tigers

We couldn't get closer than this

The way we walk

The way we talk

The way we stalk

The way we kiss

We slip through the streets

While everyone sleeps

Getting bigger and sleeker

And wider and brighter

We bite and scratch and scream all night

Let's go and

Throw all the songs we know

Into the sea

You and me

All these years and no one heard

I'll show you in spring

It's a treacherous thing

We missed you hissed the lovecats

(Ba ba-da...da da da da da...)

We're so wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully

Wonderfully pretty

Oh you know that I'd do anything for you

We should have each other to tea huh?

We should have each other with cream

Then curl up by the fire

And sleep for awhile

It's the grooviest thing

It's the perfect dream

Hand in hand

Is the only way to land

And always the right way round

Not broken in pieces

Like hated little meeces

How could we miss

Someone as dumb as this

I love you ... let's go

Oh ... solid gone ...

How could we miss someone as dumb

As this?

---

Ok, you can yell at me now...

Ship Name: Kzinretti

Affiliation: Pirates/ Catgirl Assault Tribe

Classification: Dreadnaught/Carrier/Troop Transport

Nominal dimensions 2Km x 1Km

Drive type: Gravity fold/ speed based

Max speed: within Limit .05 c/ outside limit gravity/ space fold range ~ 5 lightyears

** Can fold to a location inside of limit after massive calculations and/or possible engine damage then it has "climb" outside of limit.

Command AI : Cybernetic Beowulf Gestalt (minimum 512 Cybernetic Catgirls)

Crew: 8192 Cybernetic Catgirls of assorted types; generally about 25% service/command type, 50%Engineer/Maintenance type, 25% Reaver type.

Ship Weaponry: consists of a Base 2048m Gravity lens to produce a tunable laser, which can be broken into a number of Smaller lenses That varies in Geometric
proportion to the Diameter of the lens used. Affectiveness of laser(s) varies with the amount of available star/sunlight, and range of target(s).

Quirks:

1. They must be Mad. It's run by Catgirls, a large portion of which are Engineers.

2. Good intentions. They try to be helpful, Sometimes successfully.

3. For some reason All mission names get named in Lolcat.

4. Oooh! Nap time. On average about 80% of the crew is Sleeping.

"Folded"?

Er...

Um...

I'll let the boss yell at you about that, if he wants. I don't know if I'm annoyed or jealous.

The rest, though, looks intruiging....
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Uhm... Dude. Folding -into- the system should be just as bad. Hell, if I could have my way about it, Midnight would be opening up wormholes all over the place (she doesn't go for space-folding - you don't really 'go' anywhere).

Uhm... How big is this thing? It has to be over 2KM at some point to house that gravity lens of yours. (I'm not complaining about the existence of one - hell, I've toyed with the idea - but on a ship?)

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

Uhm... Dude. Folding -into- the system should be just as bad. Hell, if I could have my way about it, Midnight would be opening up wormholes all over
the place (she doesn't go for space-folding - you don't really 'go' anywhere).

Uhm... How big is this thing? It has to be over 2KM at some point to house that gravity lens of yours. (I'm not complaining about the existence of one -
hell, I've toyed with the idea - but on a ship?)

Quote: Ship Name: Kzinretti

Affiliation: Pirates/ Catgirl Assault Tribe

Classification: Dreadnaught/Carrier/Troop Transport

Nominal dimensions 2Km x 1Km

Drive type: Gravity fold/ speed based

Max speed: within Limit .05 c/ outside limit gravity/ space fold range ~ 5 lightyears

** Can fold to a location inside of limit after massive calculations and/or possible engine damage then it has "climb" outside of limit.

The Ship itself is a cylinder. When your far enough to see the whole thing you won't necessarily notice the rigging which extends out another
200m from the Hull at key points. When the Lens is active It looks like a Giant Cat's eye from the side. The Lens' primary function is not Offensive
it's used to collect light for the Hydroponics that help maintain life support. The laser, and Sensory Functions

are just a "pleasant" bonus.

As for Folding into the system, if some one knows what to look for, you will find a trail of what look like a cross between crumpled Origami, and free form
sculpture along the "wake" of the fold. These were the active drive nodes, and gravity generators. Fortunately at this size of space craft a bit of
redundancy can be built in.

You should also find the occasional transport that was "surfing" in the gravity wake of the fold.

A fold like this also produces the stellar equivalent of dragging a needle across a record. I'm fairly sure every one in the system "heard" the
transit.

Been distracted by home improvement & the end of BSG this weekend. Otherwise the following might've been a great deal more vicious.

Feel lucky.

Now then. In order:

1) Thirty thousand cybernetic catgirls?
1a) No, seriously. Thirty thousand cybernetic catgirls?

2) Why send thirty thousand cybernetic catgirls on an obvious suicide mission? Crystal Osaka was *gone* within a month after the fall.

3) Fold drive? Ahahahahah yeahno. Sorry, try again.
3a) Beyond that, the engine destroys itself while operating? I'm impressed by the sheer uselessness of that design.

4) This is more of a general note, but if I never see another goddamned goldfish warning I can die a happy man.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

I was expecting something a bit more rabid and frothing from some one. There's still hope yet.

1) Yes. Compared to the population of the Earth 30K cyborg Cat Girls is just a very small drop in an ocean.

1a) I need the potential work force. 30K may not be enough. They will be armored in some way against immediate corrosion.

2) a) Which is why this is taking about two weeks after its fall. b) Did you think that I was just going to give it back?.

3) I couldn't think up another name for the drive process to get there in time to have something left. Calico basically tells time/space to get knotted and
we get there.

3a) (Looks at solid fuel rocket engines and shrugs.) No, the engine destroys itself going FTL in a gravity well. Losing something while going way to fast is
supposed to happen.

4) Yeah, that was a little over the top. If I do it again, I'll just note the song title and move into the action.

M Fnord Wrote:4) This is more of a general note, but if I never see another goddamned goldfish warning I can die a happy man.
Only thing that might have it is l'Experience Sonique, and that's if Lebia or Eddie were feeling NICE.

Everything else? What Fnord said.

Don't hope too much.

1) The population of Fenspace being in the range of 1-2 million people, thirty thousand catgirls is not a drop in the ocean.

2) Let me put this simply: No. Crystal Osaka melts on the surface in the eight hundred degree temperature and ninety atmospheres pressure of CO2 and sulfuric acid vapor.

3) Let me put this simply: Fuck no. When I say "try again" I mean you go back to the drawing board and try again, not offer weaksauce justifications for your lack of imagination.

4) If you want to earn my favor you will not do it again. (Cobalt, that goes for you too. I know most of us like EPU's stuff, but oh-aren't-we-clever injokes like that grate after the fifth time they come up.)
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Hadn't really thought about it (and didn't register just how many catgirls Manytales was claiming), but having 1.5% to 3% of the total fenspace population being catgirls on a single vessel seems excessive, especially since if this is shortly after CO went down, then it's the middle of the Boskonian war.

Besides, what's the point in trying to retrieve what's lets of Crystal Osaka anyway? Hull breaches mean that anything left behind is destroyed long before the diamond structure itself melts away.