Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Character
Open Character
Last week I was idly thinking about what the teachers at Hogwarts would be like, when an old show came on t.v. and I was inspired to write up this
character. This is a rough draft, but I'm sick so I'm not going to be doing a lot of stuff and I wanted to actually get something posted, so here it
is.

Valerie Felicity Frizzle

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 129lbs.

Hair: Red-head

Eyes: Black

********************************************************************************

Notable Mundane Attributes

Teacher Extraordinaire: Ms. Frizzle is a natural at teaching. Not only is she good with children and capable of
putting together a detailed

and engaging lesson plan, but she is also qualified to teach nearly every subject students ages eight to eighteen might need to learn.

And of course, she also does great field trips.

Bus Driver: Ms. Frizzle is an expert driver, and few people could drive a school bus like she does.

********************************************************************************

'Wavium Abilities: The woman known as Ms. Frizzle is has apparently waved herself into an exact replica of the
fictional character of the

same name (with all that implies), though whether she did so on purpose isn't known (and she's not talking).

Quirks

The Friz: Ms. Frizzle is just as eccentric as her fictional counterpart.

Trivia

Ms. Frizzle has had multiple offers to come teach at various other fen schools, but has so far turned them all down.

The Magic School Bus

Registry Number:

Base Hull: Heavily Modified Type A School Bus

Drive Type: Speed

Drive Rating: 0.1c

Owner Of Record: Ms. Valerie Felicity Frizzle

Flag Of Record: Hogwarts

Home Port: Hogwarts

Purpose: Student transport, personal transport for Ms. Frizzle.

Launched: Unknown

Crew: Ms. Frizzle, Liz, The Bus

Faction: The Wizarding World

Known Vehicle Quirks

"Magic" School Bus: The Magic School Bus is heavily modified by both mundane means and handwavium. Not
only can it nearly double it's internal volume (do to a complex system of motorized slidout and extendable sections), but it's interior is full of
hidden compartments and fold out devices, seemingly far more than should be able to fit (even the seats fold up, away and into new configurations), all
controlled by numerous buttons, switches, and levers.

Known Crew Quirks

Liz: Liz is Ms Frizzles pet lizard (of indeterminate species). Liz is both sentient and slightly anthropomorphic,
capable of both walking upright and fine manipulation with her front legs/arms (she is, however, not capable of speech). Liz acts as teachers assistant for Ms.
Frizzle, and occasionally drives The Bus during field trips (she has a license). If, during field trips or class activities, Ms. Frizzle has to leave the
students for a brief period for any reason, or if the class must split up, she leaves Liz in charge, acting as a sort of substitute teacher.

Okay, now I'm just wondering why none of us have thought of this up until now.

*Slams down an antique rubber stamp, leaving a bold legend in red ink*

Quote: MADE WITH

100%

PURE AWESOME

Quote:Okay, now I'm just wondering why none of us have thought of this up until now.
Too obvious, maybe?

(Much like (a) moving a magnet through a coil of wire generates electricity, (b) a shock absorber is in part a piece of metal that moves through a coil spring, and (c) cars have batteries in them, but it took a century for somebody to think of putting a magnet in a shock absorber so it can recharge the car's battery.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Somethin' like that, yeah. (^_^Wink

Any suggestions for improvements, or things that need to be clarified?

To be honest, I don't think you can improve on that much, save for simply writing stories for her. (^_^)

Any ideas for the Bus's registry number (license plate number) then?

license plate: 112 358?

Or : ABC 123
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

She's registered out of Hogwart's, so it's going to be a British-style plate...

L3 ARN, maybe?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Crosspollination -- GEN 11?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob, what's the significance of GEN 11? Right now I'm leaning towards L3 ARN, for simplicity if nothing else.

Oh, it's the license plate of Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang, and can be read "genii".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.