Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GURPS Fenspace - everyone with space docks, it's time to stat them
GURPS Fenspace - everyone with space docks, it's time to stat them
Yes, http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG37-0125]GURPS Spaceships 6: Mining and Industrial Spacecraft is out. Yes, it includes rules for asteroid-mining ships, so the Rockhounds folks have a reason to buy this one, too. Yes, it includes rules for spaceports, so I suppose I'm going to have to buy a copy so I can properly stat out Stellvia.

(As for the flying cars, they've been promised for the next supplement in the series...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Yep, yep, yep. Got and read. And it still doesn't help with Prometheus Forge. As it stands, 6.3km longest ~ 6889 Yds = SM +21 (7000 Yds if I'm reading
the progression correct). That's 300,000 PEOPLE PER MAINTAINABLE SYSTEM. And the costs at that scale... I'd only need one Habitat system, as I'd
get 20 MILLION cabins to work with. And at this scale, one Hanger Bay is far more useful than one Cargo Hold (100 MTonnes capacity with 0.5MTonnes launch is
far more useful than 150 MTonnes capacity).

And I note there's no mention of Super-Build functionality...

Don't forget - most of Prometheus Forge is rock armour. Measure the hollowed-out area inside of that for "better" numbers...
--
Rob Kelk

I haven't seen this book yet... is it the right one to use to spec out the Grover's Corners?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Don't know - I don't have a copy either. I suspect Spaceships 7 is the one we're all waiting for. (It should be out before Christmas; David Pulver sent in the final draft before Hallowe'en, and this line sells well enough to fast-track through production.)
--
Rob Kelk

It's more about space construction (and ship building) than big stations, so not really. As I pointed out, scaling gets a little over the top at high levels.

Sounds to me like we need something for largish space stations ("That's no moon..." scale and thereabouts) and planetoids... that or we need to
write our own rulebooks.

Let's wait until Mr. Pulver's finished the series; there's a chance that he might do the work for us. (A slim chance, but a chance nonetheless...)
--
Rob Kelk