Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DRAFT/RFC] OGJ Troubleshooters
[DRAFT/RFC] OGJ Troubleshooters
http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Arthur_Nkomo]Since Firvulag asked... Presented for your consideration (and merciless poking-at) as a new section for the http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Great_Justice]Great Justice wiki page, likely between "Operation Great Justice Grade Scale" and "Motto":

==== Great Justice Troubleshooters ====

Daneside militaries don't send raw recruits to perform cadre duties or Special Forces commando squads to act as Military Police. Great Justice practices the same division of duties. One of their types of forces are '''troubleshooters''', people sent in when a military unit would be inappropriate.

OF-5 troubleshooters are the rank-and-file special investigators, the ones likely to be sent out on routine missions. They usually operate in teams (such as [[F] and [[Grey], often assigned together to liaise with 'Danelaw police agencies) and always have someone in a position of oversight to whom they must report on a regular basis. Troubleshooters in this grade never work undercover.

OF-6 troubleshooters are like their OF-5 comrades, but usually work alone and don't need to report in as often.

OF-7 troubleshooters can be sorted into two groups - the administrators and the field agents. Administrators receive and collate reports from field agents, and write summary reports for the command staff. Field Agents are OGJ's undercover operatives (the equivalent of the [[Space Patrol]'s Section 9), working for months or years without support.

OF-8 troubleshooters are the "elite" - the ones that can be depended on to go in, do the job, and (most importantly) get back out alive. In many respects, they're similar to the Space Patrol's Section 6, but without even a loose command hierarchy.

{{quote|OF-8 troubleshooters? They look for trouble, and shoot it. That makes ''our'' job that much harder.|20px|20px|Kirk Russell, Commissioner of the [[Space Patrol]}}

There are five confirmed OF-8 troubleshooters:

* [[A.C. Peters|The Scarlet Angel] is the Supers' top troubleshooter, trusted with one of their rare Double-O licences.

* [[Katz Schrödinger] and [[Noah Scott] are the only OF-8 troubleshooters who routinely work as a team. Their "take no prisoners" attitude to combat has lead to more than one fendane Boskonian ring calling them "Great Justice's Dirty Pair".

* [[Thomas & Allison Dobbs|Tom Dobbs] is perhaps the most professional OF-8 troubleshooter, if one defines "professional" as "military-like". Considering his background in the US Marine Corps, this isn't surprising.

* One of the [[Julian Friez] is an OF-8 troubleshooter. "Born" just after the start of the Boskone War, he was captured by a Boskonian raiding party mere hours after getting away from [[The Professor], and rescued by the [[SOS-dan] shortly after that. Commander-in-Chief Suzumiya herself convinced him to take up arms for the cause. This Julian uses his resemblance to the other Friezes to infiltrate suspected Boskonian strongholds, perform reconnaissance, and get out before either leaving them be or calling in a [[Warsie] bombing run, whichever is appropriate.

One persistent rumor is that before they were headhunted for the Space Patrol, the current [[Space Patrol#Some Important Patrol Members|"Nanoha" and "Kusanagi"] were OF-8 troubleshooters; neither are known to have ever commented on this rumor. Another, wilder, rumor is that [[Mr. Morden] is also an OF-8 troubleshooter; this rumor persists in making the rounds despite official denial by all concerned, including the man himself.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Seeing no complaints and knowing Mal's been on since I posted this, I'm sticking it into the wiki.

Oh, yes - I went through my ezBoard and Gmail archives, pulled all the loose bits together, and put http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... m_Briefing]Spider Symposium Briefing on the wiki, too. I hope it's readable...
--
Rob Kelk

That's a lot more thought being put into it a lot faster than I expected. Looks good Rob.

--

If a nut positively has to be loosened, the bolt will shear. And it'll

be a hard-to-obtain size.

-- Malcolm Ray in ASR

I've never really considered A.C. as OF-8, though it makes sense given her (and the Forge Crew's) capabilities. Given she tries to stay home and work
on projects, I'd personally had her as OF-7 (I had story reasons for even this, given that immediately post LoGG she'll get a promotion to OF-6
equivilent).

Six of one, half dozen of the other I suppose. We can handwave the difference away as the Supers only calling her out for the critical jobs.

I'm thinking that part of why A.C. and Noah are OF-8 is because each has an extremely competent support staff to call upon when necessary. (Yayoi is so
competent, she managed a self-promotion to OF-7... and who can stand in the way of Andy or Lebia in their fields of specialization?)
--
Rob Kelk

Another reason may be the fact that Haruhi is...unnerved...by A.C. (given that people saw her back down from A.C. during Serenity-con) and the rest off the SOS-dan are scared of her. I do have good reasons for the former, and the latter is a story follow on.

Anyway, Haruhi slapped a promotion to OF-7 on her about a day later as something of a revenge along with the position of being in charge of the covert insertion of the special forces to initially take Boskone One. It backfired a bit as A.C. proved extremely competent at her expanded duties. I can easily suppose a further promotion from other areas later.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer after all.