Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ART][META] Senshi Flag - discussion & argument

Or, to look at it from another point of view, A.C. leaves her sixth-oldest daughter with the job while she goes off and spends time with her oldest daughter.

I thought we'd gone with elected royalty, too, but look at how many Kennedys and Bushes there have been in or near the Oval Office in the last fifty years. Besides, nothing says they couldn't like a ruler so much that they stick her with the job for life.

And it isn't as if Infinities|Yayoi hasn't had experience with being a regent. She acted as Helen's "assistant" until she was old enough to inherit, after all...

(Hmmmmm... How does Infinities|Stellvia take over the other factions? Sora's in charge of the VVS, Yayoi is effectively in charge of Stellvia... I suppose space explorer Captain Safety could have a high position in the Trekkies. Where to put the others? Must think more on this "diabolical" plan to take over the universe.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Sora's in charge of the VVS

I'm afraid I was a bit misleading. OSmile The Chair of the Central Committee of the Sozvezdie Soyuz in 2111 is a woman you've never heard of named Laura McKinley[1]. Dr. Hasegawa, professor of aerospace engineering at Korolevgrad[2] Free University, hasn't been involved in the day-to-day politics of the Soyuz since she and her husband[3] retired from public life in 2087.

[1] Who doesn't know much more about A.C. than what she read in her history books, but knows the value of having one of the major Powers in Fenspace owe her a favor. Plus, snubbing A.C. would get Sora in her office making the puppy-dog eyes, and nothing can withstand that...

[2] A domed/warren suburb of Kandor City, built up around the original Korolev Air Force Base.

[3] Professor (ex-general) Fnord teaches political science at Korolevgrad and occasionally meddles in the Convention when not fooling around with his wife or shamelessly spoiling the grandkids.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

At least A.C. doesn't have to worry about Noah's posthumous attempt to take over Fenspace, because as the eldest in the 'family' it'd fall to her to keep them honest. Given the way things seem to magnify in Infinities stories at times, A.C. doesn't want to become the equivalent of Charles zi Britannia (I've been on a bit of a Code Geass kick lately) or heaven forbid Goddess-Empress of the Solar System in any shape or form.

I do wonder how the Senshi would tweak the flag in the ridiculously tiny chance they managed to convince her to be regent, but not too much.

Quote:I do wonder how the Senshi would tweak the flag in the ridiculously tiny chance they managed to convince her to be regent, but not too much.

*grins*

[Image: flagofthecrystalmilenni.png]
Fig 1. Flag of Venus during the Promethean Regency

The Promethean Regency occurred during the 4th century S.A. due to the usual combination of freak accident, enemy action and palace intrigue that characterizes the early-middle period of House Serenity's rule. As a stopgap against more intrigue, the Senshi Council elected the long-standing (and long-suffering) Sailor Mars, A.C. Peters, to the throne[1]. Queen Attim (as she was known during her short rule) effectively reorganized the Venusian government, groomed a successor from House Serenity, and generally ruled well. As soon as she possibly could, Queen Attim abdicated in the most spectaular manner possible: she tried and convicted herself of "crimes against the state," stripped herself of all Senshi titles and sentenced herself to exile from Venus.[2] By the time the court had a chance to recover from the shock, A.C. was halfway to Vulcan.

[1] The Council was willing to see a return of the Stellvian regency, however Sailor Stellvia had left Sol system for in 298 S.A. and did not leave a forwarding address. By the time she returned to Stellvia the Promethean regency was already done and gone.

[2] The exile and removal of titles were rescinded thirty years later by Endymion III; by this time A.C. had calmed down to the point that a return to Venus was possible. Though ever after there was a Council decree against electing Sailor Mars as regent.

Oi Vey...

M Fnord Wrote:[2] The exile and removal of titles were rescinded thirty years later by Endymion III; by this time A.C. had calmed down to the point that a return to Venus was possible. Though ever after there was a Council decree against electing Sailor Mars as regent.
Given four centuries of experience, that was probably the plan. Well, not getting the titles back (A.C, would have hated getting them in the first place, as they would have come with the coronation), but the rest of it. There's probably a few lines hidden in several laws she can use if anything similar comes up.

Any old friends hanging around probably had a good gape at her exit, probably followed by either laughter or admiration. Or both.

Back to the flag, how long did it take you to come up with the flaming flower design?

And does anyone else get the feeling there's some office in the Crystal Tokyo government complex that does nothing but design new flags just in case something like the theoretical musings we're playing with comes up?

Cobalt Greywalker Wrote:And does anyone else get the feeling there's some office in the Crystal Tokyo government complex that does nothing but design new flags just in case something like the theoretical musings we're playing with comes up?
One wonders what the flag for Regent Gina's term would look like... or Regent Catty's.
--
Rob Kelk

M Fnord Wrote:
Quote:Sora's in charge of the VVS

I'm afraid I was a bit misleading. OSmile The Chair of the Central Committee of the Sozvezdie Soyuz in 2111 is a woman you've never heard of named Laura McKinley[1]. Dr. Hasegawa, professor of aerospace engineering at Korolevgrad[2] Free University, hasn't been involved in the day-to-day politics of the Soyuz since she and her husband[3] retired from public life in 2087.

[1] Who doesn't know much more about A.C. than what she read in her history books, but knows the value of having one of the major Powers in Fenspace owe her a favor. Plus, snubbing A.C. would get Sora in her office making the puppy-dog eyes, and nothing can withstand that...

[2] A domed/warren suburb of Kandor City, built up around the original Korolev Air Force Base.

[3] Professor (ex-general) Fnord teaches political science at Korolevgrad and occasionally meddles in the Convention when not fooling around with his wife or shamelessly spoiling the grandkids.
That's fine for your Infinity. However, my Infinity has the angels taking over the Solar System by default. Have to keep the Infinities mutually-conflicting, after all...

Edit: In case anyone's wondering, Noah will need to build a few more Angels...

United Federation of Planets: Miyuri Akisato
Galactic Republic: Parfet Balblair (new "angel")
Wizarding World: Honami Hayate Tosaka Hayama (from the alternate "The South Is Rising, Someone Get A Hammer")
Interstellar Alliance: Eldegard Rivera (new "angel")
Independent Faction: Yuu Inagawa
Crystal Millennium: Yayoi Fujisawa

Gearheads: Fuu Hououji (new "angel")
Justice League Interplanetary: Yomiko Readman
Soviet Air Force: Sora Hasegawa
Space Pirates: Layla Yuki (new "angel")
Village Hidden in Asteroids: Hitomi Yuuki (new "angel")

Hermes Universal Deliveries: Star
Hacker Underspace: Takami Sakuragi
Roughriders: Kagome Mishima
Space Patrol: Natsuko Aki
Boskonians: Agatha Clay

and, last but definitely not least:

Stellvia Corporation: Kohran Li, Safety, and Shizuka Hayama, coordinating the other important factions from behind the scenes

A.C. can keep Prometheus Forge. Aren't we nice?
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Back to the flag, how long did it take you to come up with the flaming flower design?

Not very long. I had a pretty solid idea that the design should invoke flame (symbols of Sailor Mars and Prometheus), and the flame itself is pulled out of the Valinor flag I did on the other sketchdump thread, so all it really entailed was rotate/copy, repeat until I had a flower. Probably 30-40 minutes of work to get it presentable. It helps that I'm not redesigning the entire flag every time I do one of these Infinities designs.

That prospect would freak out Gina as much as it would freak out AC. Wink

Though I wonder what Regent Mayonaka of House Langely-Rhodes would be like. That would be a LONG time in coming - Benjamin would pass his position in the Roughriders to his daughter who will, in due time, pass it on to her little brother. (The son, in the mean time, takes on the title of Sky Captain, Commander of all Roughriders aerospace assets.)

Just for giggles...

A List of Venusian Monarchs, 52 S.A. - 1900 S.A.

---House Serenity---
[Image: crestofhouseserenity.png]
Serenity I
Serenity II
Serenity III
* Yayoi I (Good Queen Yayoi)
Serenity IV
Endymion I
Yayoi II
Serenity V
Endymion II
Precia (the Magnificent)
* Attim
Endymion III
Serenity VI
Serenity VII (the Gentle)
Maya
Yayoi III
Serenity VIII

---House Takamichi[1]---
[Image: crestofhousetakamichi.png]
Hayate (the Great)
Elizabeth I
Serenity IX
* Mayonaka
Elizabeth II
Makoto I
Makoto II
Serenity X
Endymion IV

---Brittanian Uprising---
[Image: crestofthebrittanianupr.png]
Lelouch (the Conqueror, the Devil)

---House Serenity[2] Restoration---
[Image: crestofhouseserenity.png]
Serenity XI
Nanoha I
Nanoha II
Serenity XII
Makoto III
Endymion V
Serenity XIII
Galadriel (the Wise)
Nanoha III
Serenity XIV

(* indicates regency.)

[1] House Takamichi was a cadet line of House Serenity catapulted to the throne when Serenity VIII died without heirs.

[2] House Takamichi changed names after the Uprising in order to try and restore confidence in the Crown by linking the current rulers back to the legendary ruling house. The old Takamichi crest was given to a family not in the immediate line of succession, and the Serenity crest was restored to the flag.

Hrm...
Mayonaka's time as a regent would be a time of unrest only rivaled by the Brittanian Uprising. Given her origins as a tool of the inteligence community, she was known as the Mistress of Intrigue - nothing ever went on in the palace without Mayonaka knowing about it. However, she is more well known as 'Mayonaka the Dark' as she was known for leading from the frontlines, either on the ground or in aerospace combat. While only a regent, the title "Warrior Queen" was often attributed to her as well.
This is, however, not to say that she is viewed in a negative light. Mayonaka was viewed as a beacon of hope in a time of need and was instrumental in paving the way for Elizabeth II, whose rule was a far more peaceful one thanks to Mayonaka.
Later, she would play a vital role in putting down the Brittanian Uprising, and with the help of a considerable amount of Roughriders at her side.

Quote:Later, she would play a vital role in putting down the Brittanian Uprising, and with the help of a considerable amount of Roughriders at her side.
Now there's an Infinities idea - Yayoi, A.C., and Mayonaka working together behind the scenes to bring down Lelouch. Why "behind the scenes"? Because they've each already been Regent, and have officially given up all claims to any authority over the Senshi when they finished their Regencies...

"No, Mayonaka, you've relinquished all power over the Crystal Millennium."

"But, Yayoi-neesan ..."

"No 'buts'. I can't let you do this... on your own."

The curtain behind the women rustled. "That's right. Besides, you weren't really planning on leaving your aunt Attim out of the fun, were you?"

With A.C.'s inventive genius, Yayoi's piloting ability and Truesight, and Mayonaka's talent for causing havoc, who can possibly stand against them?
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:
Quote:Later, she would play a vital role in putting down the Brittanian Uprising, and with the help of a considerable amount of Roughriders at her side.
Now there's an Infinities idea - Yayoi, A.C., and Mayonaka working together behind the scenes to bring down Lelouch. Why "behind the scenes"? Because they've each already been Regent, and have officially given up all claims to any authority over the Senshi when they finished their Regencies...
"No, Mayonaka, you've relinquished all power over the Crystal Millennium."
"But, Yayoi-neesan ..."
"No 'buts'. I can't let you do this... on your own."
The curtain behind the women rustled. "That's right. Besides, you weren't really planning on leaving your aunt Attim out of the fun, were you?"
With A.C.'s inventive genius, Yayoi's piloting ability and Truesight, and Mayonaka's talent for causing havoc, who can possibly stand against them?
Oh wow!  Now that is just all kinds of EPIC waiting to happen there, complete with Bad Ass Boasts, Crowning Moments of Awesome, and No, Wait... What!?'s.  (^_^)
AC's inventive genius?  Always has played well with Ben's since the two have always borrowed and improved upon each other's designs.  And no reason to believe that the Old Man himself can't be lured out of his self-imposed 'exile' for a few blue-haired moments.
And Yayoi + Roughriders?  The mind boggles.  Granted, the pair-up has to have happened in the past, given how close Ben liked to keep his relations among the other SMOFs, but we haven't really seen it yet.  Wink
And at this point I can see Benjamin being something of a Chaos Walker himself.  Can you imagine him going up against the likes of Lelouch, one-on-one, in a mecha battle?
And Benjamin speaking of his Daughter in a Bad Ass Boast:
She is no longer the leader of the Roughriders, for she retired long ago to adventure as her Father did.
She is no longer the Regent, for that need is long past and the door forevermore closed to her.
She will always be, however, the Matriarch of all Blackbirds.
Fear her wrath, else feel an Unkindness of Ravens.
Oh, something I missed earlier:

Quote:robkelk wrote:

That's fine for your Infinity. However, my Infinity has the angels taking over the Solar System by default. Have to keep the Infinities mutually-conflicting, after all...
United Federation of Planets: Miyuri Akisato
Galactic Republic: Parfet Balblair (new "angel")
Wizarding World: Honami Hayate Tosaka Hayama (from the alternate "The South Is Rising, Someone Get A Hammer")
Interstellar Alliance: Eldegard Rivera (new "angel")
Independent Faction: Yuu Inagawa
Crystal Millennium: Yayoi Fujisawa
Gearheads: Fuu Hououji (new "angel")
Justice League Interplanetary: Yomiko Readman
Soviet Air Force: Sora Hasegawa
Space Pirates: Layla Yuki (new "angel")
Village Hidden in Asteroids: Hitomi Yuuki (new "angel")
Hermes Universal Deliveries: Star
Hacker Underspace: Takami Sakuragi
Space Patrol: Natsuko Aki
Boskonians: Agatha Clay
and, last but definitely not least:
Stellvia Corporation: Kohran Li, Safety, and Shizuka Hayama, coordinating the other important factions from behind the scenes
A.C. can keep Prometheus Forge. Aren't we nice?
Awww, but you forgot the Roughriders.  That's okay, though.  There always ought to be an impartial third-party around.  Wink

blackaeronaut Wrote:
Quote:robkelk wrote:

Awww, but you forgot the Roughriders.
No, I didn't. Although the Roughriders would be one of the tougher nuts to crack, since something would need to be done about Gina.

(And I've put that list on http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... enspace.21]the StellviaCorp Talk page for future pointing-and-laughing...)
--
Rob Kelk

*Blinks and looks again*

D'oh!